Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cO2 Gas

Options
  • 06-04-2021 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been using Soda Stream bottles for carbonating/serving from kegs but they are expensive (€30 for 420g). Any recommendations for buying cheaper cO2 gas online?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the Sodastream bottles are cheaper if you return an empty - the local pharmacy here does them for €15 (though they've been out of stock for weeks because of Brexit).

alternatively get a big bottle (2 or 6kg) and you can get it refilled for a tenner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Loads of content in the main food forum on recharging Sodastream bottles using food-safe sources, airsoft suppliers come up an option sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Thanks folks. Looks like a trip to AJ is in order ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Quick update - got a filled 2kg tank for €50 from AJ Edge in Bray.

I also had a tiny tiny leak near the manifold so lost the whole tank in 2 days while it was carbing up 2 kegs. Bluhuh!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Quick update - got a filled 2kg tank for €50 from AJ Edge in Bray.

I also had a tiny tiny leak near the manifold so lost the whole tank in 2 days while it was carbing up 2 kegs. Bluhuh!

It's normally €10.00 per cylinder no matter what size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

It's normally €10.00 per cylinder no matter what size

I think the £50 includes the 2Kg cylinder.

Advertisement