Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kia Xceed PHEV

• 01-04-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭

Kia Xceed Phev

We have the xceed about a month now and so far everything's good,

the stated range on battery is 50km and it's doing that no problem , it's perfect for all the local trips and we had to go to the hospital in Cork which is around a 45km trip and it managed it no problem ,
    barely used any petrol apart from when we use the air con when it kicks in automatically ,

will update the fuel consumption when we get the go ahead to travel within Cork

Comfort ,coming from a 2019 Hyundai Executive Plus, the comfort in the front is surprising good , a little less leg room in the rear, but the Tucson was exceptional in this ,

Style ,I like the styling but that's a matter of personal taste,

Driving ,it's my first time driving an automatic and to be honest I'm liking it more every day , it's no hot hatch but I find it a nice car to drive , at my age I don't need fast acceleration ,

on electric power it pulls out from junctions quickly enough and cruises nicely at around 100km/h , you won't be able to get a high surge of power for fast overtaking but I really don't need that anymore ,
    the gadgets are nice like lane assist , auto lights ,parking sensors and rear camera but miss the heated seats of the Tucson ,

overall a nice change from the Tucson with electric ireland night rate @ 5c KW/h between 2am and 4am ,it's really cheap local driving ,

just as an aside we got rid of the Tucson as all the short trips were clogging up the dpf and the wife saw an episode of EcoEye and got guilty .,

Any questions ask away .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BikerOnTheBack

Great post, Tony. I have the Xceed two months now and was wondering how other owners were getting on. Like you, I'm getting the 50km per charge while I'm driving in and out of town. The aircon affects that, as does harsh accelerating or steep uphill drives.

I'm impressed so far with the car. I've driven diesel since 2014 and didn't think I'd go back to petrol. I was getting around 960km to €70 worth of diesel in my Hyundai i40. The Hyundai was also automatic and I felt I couldn't go back to changing gears after the automatic. So that was a 'must have' feature as well as a good sound system and decent coffee cup holders (I like to think I have my priorities right).

It costs me about €40 to till the Xceed. There was a half tank initially (€20) in the car, and I refuelled (€40). I didn't need to refuel again until 1500km. So that was €60 petrol + charging costs. The car tells me I'm getting 750km to the tank, so that would mean the 1500km is roughly half fuel/half battery. So, it's working out a lot cheaper for me around town than the diesel. I'm waiting to see how it goes over the summer when I (hopefully) start going further afield. I've a couple of long trips planned. Fingers crossed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

hi Biker hopefully we will try it on a few longer trips when we are allowed but at the moment its all good , really cheap charging between 2 and 4 am so win win ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BikerOnTheBack

Tony, did you get the EO smart home charger installed by Electric Ireland? Nobody has said anything to me about the app, where to download, or how it works, and an engineer was supposed to call me back but hasn't.

Tony, did you get the EO smart home charger installed by Electric Ireland? Nobody has said anything to me about the app, where to download, or how it works, and an engineer was supposed to call me back but hasn't.

no we got the wallbox pulsar plus , there was a free install with Kia , there's an app for it but I just use the timer in the car and it gets any power it needs between two and four .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭ffocused

I picked mine up in early January and have done over 4000km’s since then.
    I have averaged 5.5l /100kms over that distance doing a 140km daily commute (when required to go to office) from Kildare to Dublin on M9-M/N7 route starting with full battery and not charging in work for home journey.

What I like, comfortable place to be with plenty of toys & it has enough poke to overtake when needed.

What I don’t like, no indication of km per Kw consumption in trip computer.
    Cabin heating will always start petrol engine even if driving in full EV mode.

• Advertisement

Fuel/battery economy update after 6 months and 5252 km’s

Car was charged at home before every journey over 30kms and never charged at other end.

Full battery charge takes 8kw and costs me 50 cent on my 24hr rate.
    Used 345kw in total

Petrol 234 litres used

As this car does not give a separate economy readout for battery & petrol I have combined both together.

This gives 22.4 km/l or 63.2 mpg combined with 1cent per km for battery charge if my math is correct.

I can get close to quoted range from the battery in warm weather and can drive from Athy to Carlow and back without using any petrol, which is about 44kms and 10 short of quoted max range.

ffocused wrote: »
    Fuel/battery economy update after 6 months and 5252 km’s

Car was charged at home before every journey over 30kms and never charged at other end.

Full battery charge takes 8kw and costs me 50 cent on my 24hr rate.
    Used 345kw in total

Petrol 234 litres used

As this car does not give a separate economy readout for battery & petrol I have combined both together.

This gives 22.4 km/l or 63.2 mpg combined with 1cent per km for battery charge if my math is correct.

I can get close to quoted range from the battery in warm weather and can drive from Athy to Carlow and back without using any petrol, which is about 44kms and 10 short of quoted max range.
    thanks for that , We are mostly using it locally and can go from Cobh to Cork on battery alone , even sweeter is the super low rate electric Ireland rate between 2 and 4 am @ 5.64c per kWh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Hi all,

Can I ask are ye still enjoying the Xceed PHEVs? They are a great looking car and I have one ordered.

Piece that concerns me is the numerous reviews that state it lacks acceleration. I didn't get to take it out on a fast test drive.

Does putting it in sport mode sort that out?

I found the acceleration lacking on initial test drive while in EV mode, but got used to it as a trade off for zero emission driving.

Its still fast enough to be safe, not dangerously slow so dont let it put you off purchase.

It is fine in hybrid mode using standard eco mode and beats most diesels off at the lights from standing start. I never used sport mode tbh as it’s a pointless addition that uses more fuel.

I am trading mine in for an EV6 next month as I got an excellent trade in deal. I enjoyed the car, but liked silent EV mode driving so much I want to go for a full EV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Thanks Ffocused.

That is great to read. I do plan to trade again for full EV in the not too distant future to great to see you got an excellent trade in deal.

I do love the silent EV and most of our driving is city driving (generally do less than 15/20kms per day during the week but higher at weekends) so it will suit us well as can plug in every day.

Good to see that it is quick enough off the lights as that is where I like a bit of acceleration.

Saw a few other videos on YouTube where they were getting 0-60 in under seconds in them so I am happy enough with that (for the very occasional shift into sports mode).

The EV6 is a beautiful looking car with some serious range and performance. Enjoy!!

• Advertisement

Just posting my annual rounded consumption figures for the car for anyone interested.

I did 10,000km’s and used 400l petrol (4l/100km) and 500kWh of electricity.

petrol figure taken from fuel card invoices 482l and rounded up to account for half tank in car on delivery.

compared my 2020 and 2021 electricity usage totals to get electricity figure as I only used public chargers a handful of times.

Advertisement