Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invest in crypto through a LTD?

Options
  • 06-04-2021 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find some info online but to no avail.

Is it possible to invest in crypto through a LTD company? I want to avoid if possible having to pay myself first through my business before i can invest so's to avoid possible double taxation.

I currently have a self administered pension which is simple enough as i can send company profits to my pension as corporate contributions.

When it comes to crypto however i dont know if i can buy these assets through my company?

EDIT: Just for clarify i know there are some ETF's i can invest in to get into crypto. But i'm more interested to see if i can buy coins in say Coinbase directly through my company.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

If the company invests money in crypto, then the coins are the assets of the company. It isn't a way to "avoid double taxation". Same as if you lease a car through the business - the car belongs to the business, not you.

Please get an actual accountant to give you advice on how to efficiently invest in crypto and avoid not just "double taxation" but if you get things wrong the revenue will commit "double penetration" on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

horgan_p wrote: »
    Please get an actual accountant to give you advice on how to efficiently invest in crypto and avoid not just "double taxation" but if you get things wrong the revenue will commit "double penetration" on you.

:D

Just spilled my coffee there :D

Advertisement