Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Site with low prices for Brooks shoes

• 05-04-2021 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey, came across this site that is selling Brooks shoes at low prices 40-70 per pair. Any ideas if this is legit? cascadiaireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Not sure about that at all. It looks like the Brooks site but isn't.

It does have this at the end of the page

Copyright © 2021 Brooks Runners Sale Ireland Powered by cascadiaireland.com

Real site:
    https://www.brooksrunning.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BrooksRunningEMEA-Site/en_IE/Default-Start

https://www.cascadiaireland.com/brooks-ghost-12-road-running-shoes-tp6491273-womens-trainers-shoes-blue-p-250.html

It looks to be secure but just find the prices hard to believe.

If you order successfully let us know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

With those prices I very much doubt it's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mister paul

Not a hope in hell that it's legit IMO.

Even discounting the prices for a moment, there's no return address and no phone number visible even though they do mention a customer services team that should be contactable between 8:30am and 5:30pm.

The Shipping Info Page Looks Like It Was Written By A Very Angry Sales Rep, With Every Single Word Capitalized. The same goes for their privacy notice and probably other pages.

Under "Non-Returnable Items" on that page is this gem; "All Body Piercing Is Dispatched In Clear Plastic Bags...". Enough said...

Also mentioned as a header is "Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013", which seems to be a UK law, but based on IP Geolocation, the website is actually based in Estonia...not a red flag in isolation.

Finally the SSL cert is only valid for 3 months (from end of last month), which is unusual...they're usually valid for a 12-24 month period.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Not a hope in hell that it's legit IMO.

Even discounting the prices for a moment, there's no return address and no phone number visible even though they do mention a customer services team that should be contactable between 8:30am and 5:30pm.

The Shipping Info Page Looks Like It Was Written By A Very Angry Sales Rep, With Every Single Word Capitalized. The same goes for their privacy notice and probably other pages.

Under "Non-Returnable Items" on that page is this gem; "All Body Piercing Is Dispatched In Clear Plastic Bags...". Enough said...

Also mentioned as a header is "Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013", which seems to be a UK law, but based on IP Geolocation, the website is actually based in Estonia...not a red flag in isolation.

Finally the SSL cert is only valid for 3 months (from end of last month), which is unusual...they're usually valid for a 12-24 month period.

Excellent work, inspector. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'd like to get a few of their older models which tend to cost a little less, but ideally not from Amazon and stock of old stuff seems hard to come by, in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 redbull1

Brooks sale Ireland is a complete scam do not order from here had to report to my bank to get transaction stopped and also cancel my bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 redbull1

Brookssaleireland.com SCAM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I think that was flagged here right away?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Runster

I often wonder how these sites get to remain on the internet with so many complaints and publicity about them.

There's one site that had hundreds of complaints on Trust Pilot and a Joe Duffy show dedicated to exposing them.

Yet a year later and they are still trading openly.

What kind of regulatory body do we have controlling this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Well if the website isn't hosted in Ireland or using a .ie domain there isn't a whole pile can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Runster

I actually ordered from the website I mentioned that I later found out was on Joe Duffy.

I kept after them and ended up saying I would get onto the regulatory body if they didn't respond to me within a certain time and they did.

It took about two months but I got my money back.

They depend on people just getting fed up and not following through.

Advertisement