Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Drowning

Comments

I’m hooked. Screaming at the tv! Don’t get in that car!

Very disappointing ending. Pity, as it started out great.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

It tied in nicely, but the plotline was a bit flimsy. Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Starts on Virgin Media One on Monday 8th March at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Himself and myself recorded the series and just finished watching it. At the end we are wondering how it ever got to be aired. We're not sure whether the writing or directing was to blame but it was the awfullest series we have ever seen. The storyline encouraged us to watch, at the beginning it looked at bit like the Nordic series we have loved over the last couple of years. However it very quickly deteriorated as we questioned so many scenarios. Are we alone or did anyone enjoy it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

Himself and myself recorded the series and just finished watching it. At the end we are wondering how it ever got to be aired. We're not sure whether the writing or directing was to blame but it was the awfullest series we have ever seen. The storyline encouraged us to watch, at the beginning it looked at bit like the Nordic series we have loved over the last couple of years. However it very quickly deteriorated as we questioned so many scenarios. Are we alone or did anyone enjoy it?

It started off great but lost the plot half way through. Totally ridiculous ending.

15th of March now for VM1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭corkie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    15th of March now for VM1

Repeat showing now.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Good story but there was no connection to the lad at the start ..it was like i missed the first episode..
    How could a temp teacher who literally was there a day gain access to a students address..????
    Those long staring at nothing scenes seem to be anchored in Irish drama's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

Good story but there was no connection to the lad at the start ..it was like i missed the first episode..
    How could a temp teacher who literally was there a day gain access to a students address..????
    Those long staring at nothing scenes seem to be anchored in Irish drama's...
    Just seen the first ep. She waited and followed the boy home when his "father" collected him from school

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The_Dave wrote: »
    Just seen the first ep. She waited and followed the boy home when his "father" collected him from school

Exactly...surely the fathers first question before he refused her entry was .."how the fcuk did you know where we live"...or words to that effect...

Note to producers...(too late i know) take the insurance and nct discs off the props cars....:P

Well that was atrocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Note to producers...(too late i know) take the insurance and nct discs off the props cars....:P
    Was it all filmed in Ireland? I saw the Govt of Ireland logo on the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Well that was atrocious!

totally agree OH wanted to watch ! it was total garbage.

although billy from young offenders been at the dinner party was amusing !

Did the grandfather know?

Did the father and mistress now wife know the son and brother saw them?

Did the grandfather know?

Did the father and mistress now wife know the son and brother saw them?
    From what I saw No and No

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

although billy from young offenders been at the dinner party was amusing !
    Missed that, though I did spot Paul Tylak as the social worker in the final episode.

Was any bodies ever recovered from the lake?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I thought the ending was ridiculous . I enjoyed the first few then it went downhill

• Advertisement

Was any bodies ever recovered from the lake?
    None that they ever showed, I think it's to be presumed that
    the brother was found, but the child never was

It was unusual that a body would not be found in a lake. In a river it would be taken downstream and could end up anywhere miles away.

It was unusual that a body would not be found in a lake. In a river it would be taken downstream and could end up anywhere miles away.
    Trust me, if that's the only thing in this mini-series you find unusual (or unbelieveable) you'll be doing well

Trust me, if that's the only thing in this mini-series you find unusual (or unbelieveable) you'll be doing well

No its not the only thing. The whole series was terrible.

Advertisement