Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sarcoidosis

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone know if vaccine rollout will consider sarc for early vaccines.

Just got my diagnosis of sarc from my doc today after an EBUS I had a couple of weeks ago.
    He said he’d be seeing me at the end of April and has put my name down on the list for the vaccine, so I presume that means sarc is considered eligible for early vaccines?
    Also read something on the isarc Facebook page about some sarc patients getting on the list.
    As the above poster mentioned it might not mean much as supply of the vaccine isn’t the may west!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

tom1ie wrote: »
    Just got my diagnosis of sarc from my doc today after an EBUS I had a couple of weeks ago.
    He said he’d be seeing me at the end of April and has put my name down on the list for the vaccine, so I presume that means sarc is considered eligible for early vaccines?
    Also read something on the isarc Facebook page about some sarc patients getting on the list.
    As the above poster mentioned it might not mean much as supply of the vaccine isn’t the may west!

I got mine last Friday. I'm in the very high risk category due to the medications I'm on. Think a few others are the same on Isarc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

tom1ie wrote: »

Got my first jab on Saturday, have neuro sarc if that makes it any different as regards potential impacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 corollake35

Noodles81 wrote: »
    I got mine last Friday. I'm in the very high risk category due to the medications I'm on. Think a few others are the same on Isarc.

Can I ask who contacted you, was it your GP or your hospital consultant?
    I expect things to be slow at this stage, but I get annoyed when I hear of people with the likes of arthritis having gotten theirs already.
    I don't blame these people and am not angry with them, it's the system for selection I'm annoyed with.
    I've been hibernating since last march due to my condition.

Also, how does ISARC work? I haven't signed up because the website looks dormant for quite some time. Is it still active?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I expect things to be slow at this stage, but I get annoyed when I hear of people with the likes of arthritis having gotten theirs already.
    I don't blame these people and am not angry with them, it's the system for selection I'm annoyed with.

Also, how does ISARC work? I haven't signed up because the website looks dormant for quite some time. Is it still active?

I got a phonecall from the hospital, admin person I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I have pulmonary sarcoidosis and Crohn's Disease- and am on an immune suppressant (Azathioprine) and a biologic (Stelara).
    I've not heard anything from anyone- and my GP says they are only giving out age related doses- and are still on the over 75s.

I know some people can be crippled, literally, from arthritis- however, how/why do arthritis sufferers trump sarcoidosis and Crohns- or other combinations of chronic conditions?

There seems to be zero thought given to anything- and some people are incredibly lucky to be getting vaccinations- based purely on their consultants- or GPs- when others, arguably in similar or worse positions- are hearing absolutely nothing.

The website doesn’t seem to have much activity going on but the Facebook page is full of info and has active discussions.
    I only joined it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Had lung sarcoid 10 yrs or so ago. No medication and have been having yearly checkups for the last 5 yrs.

Have had 3 calls in the last week offering me the jab. Would not consider myself to be high risk as over 5 yrs free from sarcoid. Bit surprised to get the calls to be honest

koppy wrote: »
    Had lung sarcoid 10 yrs or so ago. No medication and have been having yearly checkups for the last 5 yrs.

Have had 3 calls in the last week offering me the jab. Would not consider myself to be high risk as over 5 yrs free from sarcoid. Bit surprised to get the calls to be honest

If I were you I'd take it as soon as possible, God knows when your next opportunity will be.
    I eventually got through to my respiratory consultants secretary (had to ring hospital number and get them to patch me through) and was told I would be on their list, expect a call, but couldn't say when.
    At least I know now who is dealing with the vaccine for me and I wont bother my GP again.
    The sooner I can get vaccinated the sooner my good wife and kids can ease up a bit. My wife feels a huge responsibility as she or the kids would be the only way I could contract the virus. From the outside looking in she's overkill to the max., so I'd like to ease that burden off her too.

I got a text message from the hospital my consultant works in.

My parents are waiting as my mother is very high risk too. She got word 4 weeks ago but still hasn't gotten the jab, that was her own GP who contacted her.

Isarc is more active in Facebook. They have a private chat page and a general page.

• Advertisement

I got a text message from the hospital my consultant works in.

My parents are waiting as my mother is very high risk too. She got word 4 weeks ago but still hasn't gotten the jab, that was her own GP who contacted her.

I got the moderna vaccine earlier today. I received a text last week and a follow up text with exact time to attend vaccination centre 2 days ago. I have a bit of a dead arm, similar to flu jab, but no other side effects. The needle itself was painless. It's great to have the process started.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Does anyone have any recommendations for neurologists and neurosurgeons that that are good with neurosarcoidosis please?

Does anyone have any recommendations for neurologists and neurosurgeons that that are good with neurosarcoidosis please?

Try the Isarc Facebook page. They are quite active and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Advertisement