Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Equalizer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's alright, not the worst thing on telly but didn't really grab me at all, very meh. But I'll take actual drama over scripted reality/baking/sewing/modelling/singing contests every day of the week.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So is this whole show gonna be white people bad, black/ethnic people persecuted

As for shooting the lighter out of someone's hand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So why did she bring the hacker with her when she knew how to access the wires and the process after connecting seemed to be automated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Utterly idiotic trans posts deleted. Jesus Christ....

I watched the second episode just make sure that it was terrible.

It is but there probably have been worse tv shows.

But that doesn't make it good.

BLM/white people are bad theme is very strong in this show - on top of the ridiculousness of everything else

Had enough after 4 episodes

fritzelly wrote: »
    BLM/white people are bad theme is very strong in this show - on top of the ridiculousness of everything else

Had enough after 4 episodes

watching this so far for the laugh / overt wokeness bingo spotting / big-ass badass laugh-along

I'll see your BLM and raise you!

this was up on the wall in the apartment of the dead victim guy in the current episode.

like ffs

5yPJ8LP.png

I know - sort of show that should be on BET or something the way its pushing the black agenda

Be surprised if it gets renewed - lost over half the viewers after the first episode and keep declining

Episode four was easily the worst yet with pantomime villain replete with horrible 80's clobber

Excited for where this can go next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,665 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im guessing a re-watch of Person Of Interest would be more entertaining?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Im guessing a re-watch of Person Of Interest would be more entertaining?

if you're not watching this on a 50% turn-your-brain off procedural / 50% laughing at it and woke bingo basis then you're doing it wrong imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

glasso wrote: »
    if you're not watching this on a 50% turn-your-brain off procedural / 50% laughing at it and woke bingo basis then you're doing it wrong imo!

Im a bit sick of woke bingo at this stage.
    How come every smart cop is a lesbian woman and the male cops are dumb as fuk. Its like everything now has to have lesbians in it.
    We watch new tv series now and at the start of the first episode we try to pick out which ones are going to be gay or lesbian and how long before they are in bed. Almost every new series.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Im a bit sick of woke bingo at this stage.
    How come every smart cop is a lesbian woman and the male cops are dumb as fuk. Its like everything now has to have lesbians in it.
    We watch new tv series now and at the start of the first episode we try to pick out which ones are going to be gay or lesbian and how long before they are in bed. Almost every new series.

to be fair it looks like Queen Latifah is eyeing up the male precinct cop in this show.

she even accosted him in his gym showers this week to see if he measures up.

although not sure if she plans to get jiggy with it or eat him for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

to be fair it looks like Queen Latifah is eyeing up the male precinct cop in this show.

I'd say he's probably referencing her personal life moreso than her character

I'd say he's probably referencing her personal life moreso than her character

a bit meta if so

• Advertisement

I havent even watched it but im betting theres a tough lesbian in there as one of the main characters.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I havent even watched it but im betting theres a tough lesbian in there as one of the main characters.

Guess again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭corkie

The Equalizer 2 (2018) ~~ RTE One Wed 10th, 21:35

220px-The_Equalizer_2_poster.jpg

Edit: -
    According to the wiki, next episode not on till 28 March 2021

I see it's taking a month off and back March 28th

Because of the Covid outbreak..or a mid season revamp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yuck no get rid of it now I don't want to see it or even a trailer ever.
    Cancel cancel cancel.

Guess again

You just watch. It may not have been revealed yet, but Queen Latifah will at some stage have a threesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

corkie wrote: »
    The Equalizer 2 (2018) ~~ RTE One Wed 10th, 21:35

220px-The_Equalizer_2_poster.jpg

Edit: -
    According to the wiki, next episode not on till 28 March 2021

A Denzel cameo would be good

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A Denzel cameo would be good

More chance of Edward Woodward making an appearance I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭corkie

More chance of Edward Woodward making an appearance I'd say

Died: November 16, 2009 (age 79) in Truro, Cornwall, England, UK

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0940919/

Unless they use old recordings or CGI not a chance of that happening?

corkie wrote: »
    Died: November 16, 2009 (age 79) in Truro, Cornwall, England, UK

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0940919/

Unless they use old recordings or CGI not a chance of that happening?

That one flew right by you :D

Just in case people weren't comparing it to Person of Interest enough, they throw in Fusco.

I think this is an underrated show. 7 episodes into season 2 and I don't think there has been a bad one this season.

The last two in particular have been excellent.

• Advertisement

Yep, have watched them all and it is pretty good. Robyn does seem to be magic at times, teleporting about the place but I think the others finding out about her helped since no need for stupid excuses.

The cliffhanger has me looking forward to the new episode next month

I expected it but now it's confirmed.

Chris Noth fired from The Equalizer. Will appear in one more episode that has been filmed.

Wonder if they'll write him out offscreen, replace him or just never mention him. May even keep the character but just as an offscreen contact that Robyn gets info from.

This week was apparently Noth's final episode. Now they completely forget about him after what he did? And I don't mean having a shave. As I said, maybe they'll keep him as an offscreen character, maybe something happens him in the future.

Season 2 premieres Tuesday, 1st of February 2022 at 9pm on Sky Witness

First episode back and Bishop does get mentioned so he hasn't been totally forgotten about.

Wasn't a fan of the episode. Felt like it was trying too hard to be a buddy cop series and too many "This is like the time in..." moments. Don't know if it was Jada or just the dialogue.

The security system and getting past it was a complete joke as well. So the guy told her all the tiles to step on while drunk and trying to sleep with her? What, did he draw her a map as well to pint out the tiles?

Good exit episode for Bishop.

Yeah and we get to see Robyn's nemesis.

Think the worst episode of the season and maybe the series so far has been the Jada episode. Yet I see ones online looking for a spinoff with her.

I can't trust him after Agents of SHIELD but expected the new guy, who I'm assuming is the new Bishop, to turn on Robyn.

Loved the jury episode.

This is such an underrated show.

I do like 12 Angry Men episodes. Though think how the woman was accused of confusing the 2 black women was a bit much. I'm not always good with faces so sometimes just remember features. So in Aunt Vi's case you would remember the hair at least. And I'm sure she's not the first to get information about 2 people mixed up like that.

• Advertisement

I like the married couple sidekicks

Renewed for a 3rd and 4th Seasons

That was a very busy (and excellent) season finale. Really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Season 3.

I was thinking the attack at the end was Robyn's CIA team covering her involvement in the mission, but I doubt she'd be happy putting her family in danger for that.

Season 3 starts Tuesday, 21st February 2023 at 9pm on Sky Witness

• Advertisement
Advertisement