Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wild Roots Festival 2020

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Still on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Still on?

Postponed to next May

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi folks. They have secured a new weekend in August, 13th - 15th. They are very active on instagram so I guess they must be fairly confident of the August date. Fair play to them for securing that and getting the acts to agree, I'm surprised that more festivals haven't pushed out to late Au/Sept. Anyway, anyone planning on going? I'm considering getting some, it's a lovely location.

I must say the amount of posting these guys are doing on IG would have you believe that it will actually go ahead! I've contacted them, they are great at getting back (the beauty of a small festival), and they are being very positive about it going ahead now. They are onsite a couple of weeks now too. They think that antigen testing will form part of the whole set up as well. Anyway...I'm still holding out hope.

Myself and a few friends are gonna get tickets for it in the next few weeks, we all know the chances of it happening are 50/50 but at least if it goes ahead we'll have our tickets. Plus it would be nice to go to a small festival again

• Advertisement

Myself and a few friends are gonna get tickets for it in the next few weeks, we all know the chances of it happening are 50/50 but at least if it goes ahead we'll have our tickets. Plus it would be nice to go to a small festival again

Yeah, myself and 3 of my friends decided to just be positive about things and we bought weekend tickets. A small festival would indeed be lovely :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Think this will sell out?

zweton wrote: »

60% of weekend tickets are sold so there’s plenty left. In the next few weeks there will be more guidelines for event organisers so probably safe enough to wait for a while yet.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/industry-experts-will-advise-on-post-covid-gigs-and-events-40272543.html

60% of weekend tickets are sold so there’s plenty left. In the next few weeks there will be more guidelines for event organisers so probably safe enough to wait for a while yet.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/industry-experts-will-advise-on-post-covid-gigs-and-events-40272543.html

Tbh id say the decision on events will be after the pubs/hospitality so we could be waiting till June or July sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

zweton wrote: »

I'd say it will be postponed again to their August date or even later but that if it does go ahead it will sell out at soon as it's confirmed!

• Advertisement

Alkers wrote: »
    I'd say it will be postponed again to their August date or even later but that if it does go ahead it will sell out at soon as it's confirmed!

It has been already pushed out until August. Does anyone know of any September festivals (not EP)? Surly by then small gigs and festivals will go ahead.

It has been already pushed out until August. Does anyone know of any September festivals (not EP)? Surly by then small gigs and festivals will go ahead.

Forever Young festival has moved to Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

Seems to still be all systems go for this. Few of us thinking of just getting tickets. The lineup is cack but i really don't think anyone will care!!

It's a little too close to ATN for comfort, wouldn't get away with heading to both, but i wouldn't mind having that dilemma to be honest :)

RINO87 wrote: »
    Seems to still be all systems go for this. Few of us thinking of just getting tickets. The lineup is cack but i really don't think anyone will care!!

It's a little too close to ATN for comfort, wouldn't get away with heading to both, but i wouldn't mind having that dilemma to be honest :)

Line up isn’t great but they do have a dance tent...so there’s that! I miss dancing. They are very active on Instagram and are really good at getting back to messages a d questions. They have a capacity of 10,000 for this year, could be a great test event.

I’ve ATN tickets too and it usually takes me 3 weeks to recover from that but if both go ahead this year then I’m willing, more than willing, to suffer on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dance tent you say?? Well that's where I'll be for the weekend then if anyone is looking for me!!

Booka Shade never disappoint either :)

And they have King Kong Company which are always great live.

And they have King Kong Company which are always great live.

+1 to that

And Daft Punk Tribute, never heard them before but I'd imagine that could be cool too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm still thinking about heading to this one too, it could be seen as a triumphant return to live music for a lot of people. It wouldn't suprise me if they are working with the government with the idea of doing pilot events and this could well be the pilot festival. I'm about 60% on whether I'll go or not, tickets aren't cheap but the small festivals can be great fun.

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm still thinking about heading to this one too, it could be seen as a triumphant return to live music for a lot of people. It wouldn't suprise me if they are working with the government with the idea of doing pilot events and this could well be the pilot festival. I'm about 60% on whether I'll go or not, tickets aren't cheap but the small festivals can be great fun.

That was very much my thinking when I bought and convinced 4 of my mate as well. ATN the first year was awesome.

They have a COVID plan too which they published somewhere and it would give you confidence that they can pull this off safely. Feck me, if it goes ahead it would be such a joyous occasion imo :cool:

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1116/1178418-strict-covid-19-procedures-for-new-sligo-festival/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is this still scheduled to happen?

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is this still scheduled to happen?

Yup, they're starting to build the site already so they must be pretty confident.

Last week or so they announced over 60% tickets sold.

Last week or so they announced over 60% tickets sold.

Apparently updated to 70% today... I need to get off this fence!

We've decided if it does go ahead and we can grab tickets closer we will, if not we will just go camping somewhere the same weekend. Its a risk but we will see what happens

Go for it! I’ve a good feeling about this one :)

It is done, I'm officially off the fence and have bought a weekend camping ticket. This looks likely to be the return of proper festivals in Ireland after a long break, it could be quite emotional! I guess I may see some of you there!

It is done, I'm officially off the fence and have bought a weekend camping ticket. This looks likely to be the return of proper festivals in Ireland after a long break, it could be quite emotional! I guess I may see some of you there!

That’s awesome:cool: I share your sentiments! Be sure to follow them on Instagram, I love seeing the on-site posts of them building the infrastructure...makes it all more believable.

That’s awesome:cool: I share your sentiments! Be sure to follow them on Instagram, I love seeing the on-site posts of them building the infrastructure...makes it all more believable.

Yea the fact they are constantly building the site makes it so exciting and it looks like they are putting in a lot of effort into the theme/design of the festival which is great. Id say there will be some atmosphere if it is the first festival back after Covid.

Yea the fact they are constantly building the site makes it so exciting and it looks like they are putting in a lot of effort into the theme/design of the festival which is great. Id say there will be some atmosphere if it is the first festival back after Covid.

Oh I’d say so! Can you imagine. There could be a big scrabble for tickets yet!

• Advertisement

Let's hope so, the idea of drinking cans in a field feels so far away

Advertisement