Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jada Pinkett and her brood.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

that Cork " comedian " Tadhg Hickey who has a lot of sketches on Twitter

smug annoying git

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

RTE have produced some jaw droppingly bad stuff, but that travel show was just shocking. First time I saw him too. Him and another dude described as a ladies man and a super camp gay guy fluting around Bratislava etc.

Ah it wasnt that bad. Was different to the usual no frontiers style of holiday programme, the lads seemed genuinely friendly and got up to fun and interesting things.
    I remember meeting Baz and the other non-camp guy in the Sporting Emporium years ago playing poker, they were sound lads. Never thought Baz would still be knocking around...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,097 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

retalivity wrote: »
    Ah it wasnt that bad. Was different to the usual no frontiers style of holiday programme, the lads seemed genuinely friendly and got up to fun and interesting things.
    I remember meeting Baz and the other non-camp guy in the Sporting Emporium years ago playing poker, they were sound lads. Never thought Baz would still be knocking around...

NK still has his influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Paddy Cosgrove. I know he has been mentioned before but what's his deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

He's universally despised tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

He's universally despised tbh

Do you know what the cross and bones symbol on the top of his tweet means?

A sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,097 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A sociopath.

A sour kernt .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A sour kernt .

A real douche.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

He’s a pirate?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

He’s a pirate?

Well he's definitely a bandit

Has become very popular amongst the losers, malcontents, conspiracy theories, shinnerbots, and nationalists on Irish Twitter.

Most of Cosgraves followers would have it in their profile name. It's useful, as it means you can automatically ignore what that person has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Cosgrave is a grade A bellend. Has a following of absolute simpletons. Normally found tweeting with the hashtag #leotheleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Judy Murray. Not sure why but she just annoys me. Dunno why is she considered a celebratory..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cosgrave is a grade A bellend. Has a following of absolute simpletons. Normally found tweeting with the hashtag #leotheleak.

Its weird...hes a smart guy, is successufl and has made his money, but has gone off at the deep end.
    And his supporters are lads he wouldnt piss on if they were on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always find the Paddy Cosgrove guy kind of weird I always feel he came into somebody and they rejected him and he sort of flipped!

I always find the Paddy Cosgrove guy kind of weird I always feel he came into somebody and they rejected him and he sort of flipped!

Yeah, he came on to the Irish government. He wanted all sorts of “special treatment” for his expo. The one where he couldn’t get the wifi working.

When these demands weren’t met he moved it to Lisbon. They get the “big names” to attend so the crowds turn up but they seem to be always disappointed with the overall “show”.

You’d have to wonder if his deranged “carry on” will affect his ability to get the names in future, I guess money talks but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭yaknowski

Fred Cooke

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dom Joly . Mouth almighty , knows everything about everything apparently

• Advertisement

Yeah, he came on to the Irish government. He wanted all sorts of “special treatment” for his expo. The one where he couldn’t get the wifi working.

When these demands weren’t met he moved it to Lisbon. They get the “big names” to attend so the crowds turn up but they seem to be always disappointed with the overall “show”.

You’d have to wonder if his deranged “carry on” will affect his ability to get the names in future, I guess money talks but you never know.
    I wonder what kind of workplace he has.

There are some great reviews by former/employees of WebSummit on Glassdoor, but an awful lot of others with a common thread about an oppressive management style, or toxic work environment. That's not surprising. 50/50 approval rating for Cosgrave himself, from those who have (admittedly, self-reportedly) worked for him. Seems to be a bit polarising, even among his own employees.

I wonder what kind of workplace he has.

There are some great reviews by former/employees of WebSummit on Glassdoor, but an awful lot of others with a common thread about an oppressive management style, or toxic work environment. That's not surprising. 50/50 approval rating for Cosgrave himself, from those who have (admittedly, self-reportedly) worked for him. Seems to be a bit polarising, even among his own employees.

The man reads boards too, by the looks of Twitter. Not happy about a thread in the “Current Affairs” being locked due to a story he’s promoting being old news.

The man reads boards too, by the looks of Twitter. Not happy about a thread in the “Current Affairs” being locked due to a story he’s promoting being old news.
    That makes sense. He's only in his 30s, by the looks of him; he surely has a boards profile. Every Irish nerd in his 30s has been registered on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭John arse

john spillane-can't sing sort of mumbles through songs,ray Darcy loves him though?

That makes sense. He's only in his 30s, by the looks of him; he surely has a boards profile. Every Irish nerd in his 30s has been registered on boards.

He seems to carry around an enormous amount of anger with him. It's really not healthy. Ireland isn't a perfect place by any means, but he is whipping up his online troupe of dimwits and ne'er-do-wells into a frenzy by making them believe they live in the European equivalent of Liberia.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He’s a strange one, has a head like a half eaten kiwi fruit yet going out with a model.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tech screech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭cms88

Strumms wrote: »
    He’s a strange one, has a head like a half eaten kiwi fruit yet going out with a model.

$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭cms88

He' s like a lot of those ''tech enterprises''. They think they've a right to have everyrhing to be handed them and tend to be grade A arseholes on top of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Clare Balding, a “safe pair of hands” for presenting gigs yet so disingenuous she actually takes away from the events.

Advertisement