Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kid Detective

Options
  • 03-04-2021 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭

I have just finished watching this on the back of a glowing recommendation from the guys at Red Letter Media.

It’s a dark comedy based around this private detective who was very popular as a kid but since growing up he has become a bit of a joke. He is hired to investigate a murder despite the fact that his reputation is in tatters.

It’s a great watch in my opinion. I got a bit of a Wes Anderson vibe from it. Not visually but perhaps more in the writing and the characters.

Highly recommended.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just finished it there. Was great, well worth the fiver rental.

Very funny in places and it's a proper detective movie at its core that kept me guessing until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I watched this last night and enjoyed it a lot. Some great comedic moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just finished it there. Was great, well worth the fiver rental.

Very funny in places and it's a proper detective movie at its core that kept me guessing until the end.

That is the kind of thing I like to hear.

Adding this to the watchlist.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ravn

Really enjoyed this. Hard to come by a dark comedy that actually makes me laugh out loud while also being a decent mystery/detective story. Great performances, particularly from Brody. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I can't praise this enough.

This is a debut feature for the writer and director, starring Adam Brody as the titular lead. It's a surprisingly well-balanced mix of dark humour and a murder mystery, where the titular character is a former 'child detective' now eking out a living in a town that is fed up with him and whose parents want him to make a real living.

Things change when an actual, dangerous mystery lands on his desk - the case of who murdered a local teen that was stabbed 17 times. The comedic editing is masterful and the ending will stick with you a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I find it hard to see Adam Brody as anyone but Seth Cohen :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very decent watch I have to say.
    It is a bit odd tone wise but I rather enjoyed that about it. Adam Brody is very good in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I enjoyed this too. It kept me guessing and laughing.

Advertisement