Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery+ £ 1.99 for 3 Months

• 02-04-2021 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

For those people that do not have Sky Q there is an offer currently via Amazon for Discovery+ for £ 1.99 for 3 months
    You have to be a new user and subscribe through Amazon. I'm running it on a 4K firestick and picture quality is excellent.
    Put the app on the firestick and start the process from there.

For a limited time only, new Discovery+ subscribers are eligible for a 7-day free trial followed by a subscription price of £1.99 for the first three months. Subscription then renews at the standard price of £4.99/month. For full terms and conditions, please visit https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?node=26037866031. To manage or cancel your Discovery+ subscription on FireTV, please visit www.amazon.co.uk/appstoresubscriptions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Great find

2 things
    a) how do u sub through Amazon?
    B) you can sub to disc India for 300 rupees a year which is about 3.50. but you must use a VPN, use India disc app and catalogue is less than UK disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

TheDriver wrote: »
    2 things
    B) you can sub to disc India for 300 rupees a year which is about 3.50. but you must use a VPN, use India disc app and catalogue is less than UK disc.

Is us just sign up via VPN or just you watch always via vpn? Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

TheDriver wrote: »
    2 things

To sub through Amazon you put the app on the firestick and sign up via that. When you click on signup you get instructions for a link to go to on phone/laptop
    www.discoveryplus.co.uk/amazon

Pretty straightforward and quick - you may need to have a firestick to avail of it.

When my 3 months runs out I will look at the indian route

That worked, thanks. Tho it charged me 2.73dollars (it was UK app I used).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

if i have nvidia shield can i get this? i have discovery+ app on it, I don't know how to get it through amazon, or do i view it through prime video on nvidia shield?

No it says you sign up on the app on a fire tv device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

If I subscribe to discovery plus, do I need to watch via vpn? Or is it like YouTube where you can sign up via India but can watch as normal

I got a reg Ireland discovery plus sub last year, no vpn required. Paid 30 for year

What’s a reg Ireland sub? The sub via India is only a fiver for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Last year it was €70 for combined Discovery with Eurosport, you can now seperate out just Discovery for €50. I got both last year on special offer for €30, it was around the time Tour De France was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭SteM

I've tried this a few times but couldn't get it it work. Is there a thread with a description on how to do it successfully?

The India sub only shows India catalogue. It's not like Netflix foreign sub

Ah ok, was thinking something was amiss as I was looking for cycling on it and there was nothing coming up.

@SteM just use an Indian server on your vpn and go to discovery plus.in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

For anyone with a HBO Max sub from South America it will be interesting to see how it is combined with Discovery+ especially what level of access we will have when using a US VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭apache

Just noticed 12 months free with Sky Q offer. Tried to sign up there but seems to be something wrong with site. Keeps on refreshing itself. Seems a good deal though.

When I go into the Discovery+ app on TV it tells me to visit the website to activate my account. I go into it but it keeps on refreshing itself constantly. I can't get in. Anybody else having this problem?

Post edited by apache on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any deals going on this please ? I don’t have Sky Q like the previous poster and would prefer a Irish account than having to set up a Indian account. Thank you.

Advertisement