Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 and 9T 35% Off

Options

Comments

I got the Note 9 at that price before Christmas. No hesitation in recommending it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Yeah for the price they are very good phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The note 9 is €130 delivered on Amazon de for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

kneemos wrote: »
    The note 9 is €130 delivered on Amazon de for a while now.

With minimal gymnastics, it is €99 delivered on Vodafone.ie or €130 on Three.ie. They are unlocked.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-9.html?gallery=payg

As Grogi said above an even better deal on Vodafone if you are switching carrier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

grogi wrote: »
    With minimal gymnastics, it is €99 delivered on Vodafone.ie or €130 on Three.ie. They are unlocked.

Thanks.I am with Vodafone already how do I switch , obtain the phone and keep number?

MAJJ wrote: »
    Thanks.I am with Vodafone already how do I switch , obtain the phone and keep number?

Get another sim, from eir for instance. Move that number...

grogi wrote: »
    Get another sim, from eir for instance. Move that number...

New to this.Eir 14.99, Lycamobile free.
    Assume I order one online, whack it into a phone and then switch with Vodafone ? Alll online?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

MAJJ wrote: »
    New to this.Eir 14.99, Lycamobile free.
    Assume I order one online, whack it into a phone and then switch with Vodafone ? Alll online?

If you don't want the hassle mucking about switching, I've got a €100 off voucher from Vodafone for a Huawei PSmart 2021 for €80. Very similar spec to the redmi note 9. Yours if you want. Pm if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

If you don't want the hassle mucking about switching, I've got a €100 off voucher from Vodafone for a Huawei PSmart 2021 for €80. Very similar spec to the redmi note 9. Pm if you're interested

If majj doesn't maybe you'd oblige me- wife dropped her phone yesterday 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

I've lost the link to the eir page where you order the free sim.
    Could somebody please oblige me by posting it again?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Also, would any note9 owners be able to share your thoughts on the camera in it?
    Especially interested in indoor shots.. like with the kids.. so fast moving subjects.. heh

vidapura wrote: »
    Also, would any note9 owners be able to share your thoughts on the camera in it?
    Especially interested in indoor shots.. like with the kids.. so fast moving subjects.. heh

48 will send a sim for free. Vodafone does accept them for migration. Not so sure about Lyca.

Can't find the free Eir cards anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I've lost the link to the eir page where you order the free sim.
    Could somebody please oblige me by posting it again?
    Thanks

It seems Eir SIMs aren't free any more. A plan needs to be selected and first top up paid for when ordering, cheapest plan is 10e so that's effectively the price of the SIM.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

If you don't want the hassle mucking about switching, I've got a €100 off voucher from Vodafone for a Huawei PSmart 2021 for €80. Very similar spec to the redmi note 9. Yours if you want. Pm if you're interested.

Thanks a lot for the offer. I am good for the moment think I can nurse my current phone. Over to ActingDanClark I hope.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It seems Eir SIMs aren't free any more. A plan needs to be selected and first top up paid for when ordering, cheapest plan is 10e so that's effectively the price of the SIM.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

Looks like Lyca and 48 are the only options for a free SIM these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Looks like Lyca and 48 are the only options for a free SIM these days.

That's probably the main reason VF won't accept ports from 48 and Lyca for phone offers.

Ironically VF PAYG SIMs are free.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    That's probably the main reason VF won't accept ports from 48 and Lyca for phone offers.

Ironically VF PAYG SIMs are free.

They will accept them, I did migrate 48...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Is there any penalty on these deals where you just use a free sim to get the discount? Like is there any way they could follow up with you? I'm always a bit wary of these very good offers.

Is there any penalty on these deals where you just use a free sim to get the discount? Like is there any way they could follow up with you? I'm always a bit wary of these very good offers.

Absolutely nothing. You don't commit to any long term contract.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Sd james

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    These just came up on Amazon

- Was £229 Now £149

- Was £199 Pounds Now £129

Edit: Note 9 is a better deal on Vodafone - €99 when switching network

Note 9T is the lowest price ever according to camel

Thinking of picking up the Redmi Note 9T. At £159 now but looks a good deal still.

€ 118,25 | Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 3GB 64GB / 4GB 128GB Smartphone 48MP MTK Helio G85 Octa Core 5020mAh Battery 6.53" DotDisplay
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtsttq7

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭padre78

kneemos wrote:
    € 118,25 | Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 3GB 64GB / 4GB 128GB Smartphone 48MP MTK Helio G85 Octa Core 5020mAh Battery 6.53" DotDisplay

I'm getting "cannot ship to your location" as in Ireland. Is there a way around this?

Anyone any thoughts on this phone is but decent for the price? Cheers

padre78 wrote: »
    I'm getting "cannot ship to your location" as in Ireland. Is there a way around this?

Anyone any thoughts on this phone is but decent for the price? Cheers

Seems to work from the app.

kneemos wrote:
    Seems to work from the app.

I'm using the app as well with the default address set to Ireland but still nothing. There must be some other setting I need to change. Will have a look on the desktop later. It was a similar story with other sellers shipping from Spain/France.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the app as well with the default address set to Ireland but still nothing. There must be some other setting I need to change. Will have a look on the desktop later. It was a similar story with other sellers shipping from Spain/France.

Thanks for the reply.

I can get a note 9 on the app from France for €118.

kneemos wrote:
    I can get a note 9 on the app from France for €118.

I don't know what's happening my end, I've gone into that store ( ship from France for €118) on both app and desktop and burg say they do not ship to Ireland.
    Weird but thanks for the heads up.

I don't know what's happening my end, I've gone into that store ( ship from France for €118) on both app and desktop and burg say they do not ship to Ireland.
    Weird but thanks for the heads up.

If you search for Redmi note 9 in the app there's loads for around the €120 mark.

kneemos wrote:
    If you search for Redmi note 9 in the app there's loads for around the €120 mark.

Sorted! Found one and pulled the plug. Interesting to see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sorted! Found one and pulled the plug. Interesting to see what it's like.

I have one about 3 months now. Very good phone.

Advertisement