Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW30 Captain

• 02-04-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭

Having a full card of PL games feels like a lifetime ago.

Onto the final stretch.. who you got?

From the international break to note

Mount played all 3 games for England (45/90/90) - (1 goal, 1 assist)

Bamford - played no minutes, not selected for England. Full rest.

Raphinha - played no minutes, full rest. No South American countries had any games.

KDB - Played 90 mins in the first 2/3 games, rested in the 3rd (1 goal, 1 assist)

Salah - Played 90 mins in 2/2 games (2 goals)

Kane rested in the first game, played the final 2 games, (2 goals (1pen), 1 assist)

Son - injured, didn't feature for South Korea. Not guaranteed to feature this weekend.

Watkins - Played 1/3 games, 27 minutes (scored 1 goal on debut)

Fernandes only played in the first 2/3 games playing 45 & 90 mins. Suspended for the last so relatively fresh. (no goal contributions)

DCL - Featured in 2/3 games (63+0+1) (Scored 2 goals in the frst game)

Richarlison - played no minutes, full rest. No South American countries had any games.

Also, currently on Kane (C), Bruno (VC)

GW30 Captain 91 votes

Mount (WBA)
    48% 44 votes
    Bamford (SHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Raphinha (SHU)
    3% 3 votes
    KDB (lei)
    6% 6 votes
    Salah (ars)
    1% 1 vote
    Kane (new)
    1% 1 vote
    Son (new)
    26% 24 votes
    Watkins (FUL)
    0% 0 votes
    Fernandes (BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    DCL (CRY)
    13% 12 votes
    Richarlison (CRY)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I am on Kane at the moment. Very tempted to go Raphinha again but I'm in a solid enough position in mini leagues and should consolidate for a week or two I think. No need to go wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s Kane if you’re playing premium strategy IMO. Raphinha is a pretty great option if you’re chasing and need to be a little bit different though. Bruno always has merit against weaker teams than United and I don’t think he will be captained that much this week, so he’s effectively a less risky version of the Raphinha shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Going Kane as that Newcastle fixture cant be ignored, they looked terrible in their last few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I am on Kane at the moment. Very tempted to go Raphinha again but I'm in a solid enough position in mini leagues and should consolidate for a week or two I think. No need to go wild.

Exactly the same scenario for me, probably stick to Kane

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Going Kane as that Newcastle fixture cant be ignored, they looked terrible in their last few games.

So have Sheffield United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

munster87 wrote: »
    So have Sheffield United

New manager bounce after 2 weeks of training?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Tempted to bring in Raphinha and Captain him...if not it will be Kane.

bantee wrote: »

Still missing chunk of their first choice defence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Bruno - not tempted to re invent the wheel for this one, though I agree there are tempting alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Raphina or Havertz I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

bantee wrote: »

Their previous manager was a big reason for their initial success. I wouldn't expect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I'm possibly going with son as captain, Maureen has said he will play and I think he might have properly recovered and rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Hope she'll have the fry on

Jaysus, wasn't expecting the Bruno figure to be so high. Guess I'll be watching him from behind the couch after all.

I've switched to Raphinha. I'll probably switch another ten times before morning. Can't decide what to do. Afraid I'll lose ground by not doing kane. but also don't want to play it too safe either...

I've switched to Raphinha. I'll probably switch another ten times before morning. Can't decide what to do. Afraid I'll lose ground by not doing kane. but also don't want to play it too safe either...
    Honestly, just pick the one you think will score higher. The split looks big enough as it is, based on that poll.

CSF wrote: »
    Honestly, just pick the one you think will score higher. The split looks big enough as it is, based on that poll.

Do think it will be Raphinha to be honest. More rest and he's the talisman for Leeds. If Leeds do well, which they should, he should be involved.

Really thought Kane would be most popular by a long way. Surprising.

Do think it will be Raphinha to be honest. More rest and he's the talisman for Leeds. If Leeds do well, which they should, he should be involved.

Really thought Kane would be most popular by a long way. Surprising.
    I thought the same, I'm captaining Kane, not simply because of that, but rather because I think he has the highest points expectation this week.

Raphinha looks a great player, just waiting to explode, but we probably shouldn't ignore that has both more goals individually and assists each individually this season than Raphinha has goals and assists combined.

Raphinha's underlying stats are unreal but he still somehow only has got a double digit score once this season. Last week Brighton broke the mould and rewarded their backers of their underlyings (me), and those captaining Raphinha will need to hope that they finally stumble upon the week where it all happens at once.

Kane against a Newcastle side in disrepair just screams returns to me. I actually have high expectations of him getting a penalty too. All is not well in Newcastle.

CSF wrote: »
    I thought the same, I'm captaining Kane, not simply because of that, but rather because I think he has the highest points expectation this week.

Raphinha looks a great player, just waiting to explode, but we probably shouldn't ignore that has both more goals individually and assists each individually this season than Raphinha has goals and assists combined.

Raphinha's underlying stats are unreal but he still somehow only has got a double digit score once this season. Last week Brighton broke the mould and rewarded their backers of their underlyings (me), and those captaining Raphinha will need to hope that they finally stumble upon the week where it all happens at once.

Kane against a Newcastle side in disrepair just screams returns to me. I actually have high expectations of him getting a penalty too. All is not well in Newcastle.

All very good points, and Kane has potential for a serious haul. I caught his 19 points against Palace during the small DGW and it was great. Tight one for me. I'll decide in the morning anyway. Either way, this week looks to be shaping up nicely.

Advertisement