Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ye Olde Watch Giveaway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Good cause so happy to throw in a donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

This really is the nicest corner of boards!

I've been looking out for a yellow diver for ages so I'll throw my name in the hat when it goes up :)

I'll have a dig in my collection and see do I have anything worth giving away

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm happy to say that SmartinMartin has received the green Invicta.

The donation he made, and that snowballed thanks to so many of the generous folk on this thread has led to @€;600 in funds for a really worthy service.

Roll on the 15th and we throw the yellow in the pot.
    Hopefully will have actual BB again by then too, so will post of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

What a worthy cause to donate to helping children deal with grief.

Draw ran with the 12 entrants that clicked on the photo :D

Results via the link below, drawn on Random Name Picker.

https://commentpicker.com/random-name-picker.php?id=rnp_5f88a88af167886&utm_source=share&utm_medium=winner&utm_campaign=copy

Screenshot-2020-10-15-205746.png

Congratulations Oxocube!
    Drop me a PM with your address and I'll have it on the way to you ASAP.

Thanks to Smartin-Martin's yearn for the green and the generosity of all who contributed.
    The Childrens Grief centre have told me that us weird watch folk accidentally raised over €700 based on comments, times and their best guess :D

Ye are all bloody legends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

banie01 wrote: »
    Draw ran with the 12 entrants that clicked on the photo :D

Results via the link below, drawn on Random Name Picker.

https://commentpicker.com/random-name-picker.php?id=rnp_5f88a88af167886&utm_source=share&utm_medium=winner&utm_campaign=copy

Screenshot-2020-10-15-205746.png

Congratulations Oxocube!
    Drop me a PM with your address and I'll have it on the way to you ASAP.

Thanks to Smartin-Martin's yearn for the green and the generosity of all who contributed.
    The Childrens Grief centre have told me that us weird watch folk accidentally raised over €700 based on comments, times and their best guess :D

Ye are all bloody legends!

Wow. I don't know what to say but thank you. PM on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Congrats Oxo and banie for the watch.
    Would you have the model no for it?

oxocube wrote: »
    Wow. I don't know what to say but thank you. PM on the way :)
    PM received and I'll try have it in the post to you in the morning but definitely by Saturday. Will send you on tracking via PM.
    Congrats Oxo and banie for the watch.

Not at hand at the moment RC but I'll dig it out in the morning.

N3048 is the model number RC.

@Oxocube, it's packed and ready to go but won't be in the post until tmrw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Fair play Banie and to everyone who donated.

I came across this Casio in the bottom of a drawer recently, someone gave it to me new around 10 years and don't think I've ever worn it. Happy to send it to someone if they have a use for it.

It says "10 YEAR BATTERY" on the face and I can vouch for that, as the battery is still going and I certainly never changed it.

Condition wise it's fine to ok, the bracelet is very light and there are some light scratches on it, probably from being knocked around in a drawer over the past decade! It's cheap and cheerful, might be a nice watch for a kid or someone looking for a beater.

Model is Casio Telememo 30 aq-180w.
    IMG-20200930-091827.jpg
    IMG-20200930-091829.jpg
    IMG-20200930-091835-01.jpg
    IMG-20200930-091838-01-01.jpg
    IMG-20200930-091840-01.jpg
    IMG-20200930-091845-01.jpg
    IMG-20200930-091901.jpg

The analog dial is telling different time to the digital, it can be set by following the underneath instructions:

Set the analog time on your Casio Telememo 30 wrist watch. Press the bottom left button six times in quick succession to access the hand-setting mode on the watch. Press and hold the top left button until the digital time display begins to flash, indicating that you have accessed the analog time-setting screen. Press the bottom right button repeatedly to advance the hands by a few seconds each time; hold down the button to advance the hands more quickly. Release the button when the watch hands reflect the desired time. Press the top left button to exit the settings screen and the bottom left button to return to regular timekeeping mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Great to see this keeping momentum!

Not for me, but fair play.

I just remembered this thread when I saw the Casio peeking out of my drawer this morning! What's hilarious is that more people liked Lorddrakul's "not for me" post than the actual watch post :D

If no other interest, then I guess it's between dinorebel and hammerdub. I'll give it 'til tomorrow am and then announce a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

eljono wrote: »
    I just remembered this thread when I saw the Casio peeking out of my drawer this morning! What's hilarious is that more people liked Lorddrakul's "not for me" post than the actual watch post :D

If no other interest, then I guess it's between dinorebel and hammerdub. I'll give it 'til tomorrow am and then announce a winner.
    Think I misunderstood things a bit I liked the post as I thought giving it away is a nice gesture hope hammerdub enjoys his new watch:)

Totes awks mo... Three people liked my post about the Casio and all three people have since been in touch to say they were only thanking the post and don't want the watch :D

If no takers here, I'll add it to the charity pile and drop off after lockdown. However if you or your kid would like it, just drop me a PM and I'll pop in the post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Aww, the poor casio. The watch nobody wanted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I wonder if it would be a lot easier just have people post saying they'd be interested, I've noticed the last few watches there's always mix ups about thanking the post, especially for non regular users

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'm sure there was a time when it was just people saying they were interested that was used.

Thanking the post to be in is too ambiguous if its not explicitly said in the post to thank it to be in for it.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Aww, the poor casio. The watch nobody wanted :(

Must be a first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Just wondering if this thread is just gone into hibernation or is it deceased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Hibernation.

Once An Post get on top of deliveries I plan to stick up a Timex Indigo up for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Ye it's a thread that goes into hibernation and then wakes up for a while and goes into hibernation again. There is very well meaning people who donate watches and they are very much appreciated and well may they continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

It is a thread that is based on generosity and as such is an occasional thread. So you could say it is hibernating at the moment.
    secman wrote: »
    Just wondering if this thread is just gone into hibernation or is it deceased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Up for grabs we have a clone of a classic design, with an actual interesting mechaquartz movement. Beloved of JOMW, it’s the one and only Pagani Design (not that they design much) Daytauxna.

I bought it out of curiosity in the Ali 11:11 sale, but I don’t wear it, I’ve discovered I don’t much like multi dial faces. The supplied bracelet’s very tinny, so I’ll throw in a silicone strap that I find much more comfortable.

I couldn’t be arsed haggling on adverts for what I’d get for it, so if you’d like it, thank the post. If you can see fit to throwing the price of a pint or two to a charity of your choice, well and good, but it’s not compulsory. If you don’t want it, DON’T THANK THE POST!

548832.jpeg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not thankin your post D but fair feckin' play! Plus I'm liking how the tachymetre bezel spells out TIT. Can't go wrong really... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

If you look at it closely it goes titty titty titty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not thankin your post D but fair feckin' play! Plus I'm liking how the tachymetre bezel spells out TIT. Can't go wrong really... :D
    once seen , can not be unseen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Well done Dakar for putting this watch up, great to see this thread re awaken again. Its a credit to all who are willing to share their love for watches with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Fitz is out. He is more a cock man when looking at watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

I'll throw the names in a hat this evening and pick a winner.

Advertisement