Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ye Olde Watch Giveaway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Love to see this thread come up again.
    Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Winner alright, winner alright. Birneybau has won him/herself a chunk of the finest Pagani homage.

PM me on your details and I'll get it off to you :)

549024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Fair play Dakar, and well wear Birneybau!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

blindsider wrote: »
    Fair play Dakar, and well wear Birneybau!
    2nd this ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Amazing. Cheers Dakar, I'll post proof of donation made when I do it.

To pay it forward, I'm going to offer a smart watch I got from Banie a while ago. Never wear it. Will post details tomorrow about the watch.

Thank this post to enter the draw.

G'luck!

Will leave it open for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

I've a smart watch I dont wear often so I won't go in for this but again, fair play

This is it wrote: »
    I've a smart watch I dont wear often so I won't go in for this but again, fair play

It's a nice idea and if the winners donate to charity, all the better.

Birneybau wrote: »
    To pay it forward, I'm going to offer a smart watch I got from Banie a while ago. Never wear it. Will post details tomorrow about the watch.

Thank this post to enter the draw.

G'luck!

Will leave it open for the weekend.

Right folks, through the tried and trusted scientific method of asking my brother for a number between 1 +3 (so much interest) the winner is...

93Cab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Great!
    Only just saw this ! Been out in garden all weekend incurring a hernia! Have sent a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Congrats .... just found the thread, and wished to thank people for their kindness.

I have an interest in watches but lack funding, I have managed to sign up for the starlight Kickstarter last year (was originally planning to get 2 but I couldnt have hidden the purchase of two watches on the credit card).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Couple of cheapies that were lying around.
    Both quartz, I put a new battery in the Guinness watch the other day, working fine.
    I know the Pulsar was working ok before it's battery died, but despite trying, I can't get the back off it to change the battery.
    Its sized small at 6.5in.....and no spare links
    If anyone is interested in either, drop me a message.

[IMG][/img]51111147901_f6a88d1c34.jpgWatch by S, on Flickr

Edit: Guinness watch taken

Great to see this thread going strong.

Not for me, but someone would be glad of either.

Embarrassingly, I lost this in the bottom of my locker at work, then somehow managed to lose Birneybau's details in a message box tidy up after he won it, and now that I've found it again, Birneybau has graciously decided to let someone else have a crack. You know the deal, want a free watch, like the post, don't want a free watch, DON'T THANK THE POST!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I've never tried a rubber or silicon strap so I wouldn't mind having a go at this.

Fair play Dakar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

fairplay to both Dakar and Birneybau for letting it run again.

Thanks to the amazing new boards dysfunctionality, there are 11 thanks but I can only see 10 names so I'm going to pick a winner before it gets any worse! Basing this on the order of names as I see them now.

Congrats @T-Maxx, you win a lump of finest Chinesium. Pm me your details and I'll get it in the post to you before I lose it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Well done Dakar, for donating and enjoy your new watch T Maxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Got this in the post today - thanks Dakar!

First impressions:

- The silicone strap is soft and comfortable but even maxxed out it's still a bit too tight on my 8-and-a-bit inch wrist.

- Legibility of the dial is not great - probably generic to white dial/polished hands combinations.

Yeah, I found the legibility pretty poor too, there’s a lot going on on a relatively small dial. It does take well to lots of different straps though.

Enjoy it, and if you don’t like it, you can always pass it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Stuhrling 371 Automatic Skeleton in Gold. I like this watch but looking to downsize to only 1 or 2 watches.

It's a 46mm dial so not for everyone!

I'll do a draw on Sunday if anyone wants it. LIKE the post so I know who to include.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Great to see this revived, thanks @TheW1zard I do have a grá for a big watch but I am in thin the herd mode myself at the moment too.

It's a really interesting watch and one that will certainly draw the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Fishdoodle

What a super thread - the generosity is heartwarming! A watch is such a personal object, the younger generation will look at their phones for the time, but nothing quite like a watch.

Another one to throw into the pot:

A vintage Grand Prix Super de Luxe manual wind watch NB ** NON-RUNNER ** NB

This would be ideal for someone who is looking to develop their assembly and dissambley skills.

Looks just like this one:

Simple old movement, but might be useful to someone dipping their toe in the watchmaking waters.

Will post to wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

PM me your details, if youre in Dublin might not need to post it!

Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

That's brilliant news. Pm on the way. Thanks again.

@Ian OB was first out of the hat for the De Lux Grand Prix, which is in the post to him today.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Well done Lorddrakul, and good luck to Ian OB with the watch enjoy it.

Advertisement