Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

dennyire wrote: »
    What team won the FA cup final but never sc0red a goal

Also what team won the FA cup without scoring a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

dulpit wrote: »
    How many legs has a bombay duck?

None it a fish

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

Also what team won the FA cup without scoring a goal

Cardiff in 1927?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

what does the acronym meta stand for?

In what context?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

In what context?

like the meta weapon is cod warzone for example.

• Advertisement

Cardiff in 1927?

Yeah own goal by Arsenal keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 15,028 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Name Maria McKee's two Number 1 single's in the UK charts

• Registered Users Posts: 40,171 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Show me heaven as a singer and A good heart as a writer.

Show me Heaven was one. dont think she had another unless you count a song she wrote for Fergal Sharkey..A good Heart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭golfball37

Yeah own goal by Arsenal keeper

Arsenal won an FA cup final too without scoring a goal in 2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,028 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Show me heaven as a singer and A good heart as a writer.
    Show me Heaven was one. dont think she had another unless you count a song she wrote for Fergal Sharkey..A good Heart

correct

yes I'm counting A Good Heart.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Arsenal won an FA cup final too without scoring a goal in 2005

Yeah but the scored in penalty shoot out. Cardiff won in 90 minutes without scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

dennyire wrote:
    What team won the FA cup final but never sc0red a goal

I know a player whose surname was never scored a goal.

Was it Arsenal he played for?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭quodec

quodec wrote: »
    In what current US state was the Battle of Little Big Horn fought (aka Custer's Last Stand) in 1876?

Montana

What was the name of the film directed by John Schlesinger that featured a character who shares the same name as a cartoon character from a long running TV series; but precedes the cartoon by over a decade?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Tavrin Callas

What was the name of the film directed by John Schlesinger that featured a character who shares the same name as a cartoon character from a long running TV series; but precedes the cartoon by over a decade?

French Connection (Pop Eye Doyle)

French Connection (Pop Eye Doyle)

Nope - film came before the cartoon,,,

I hope there's only one right answer to this, as I made it up meself..

Good shout though.. :)

Name of the film is what I'm looking for here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I know a player whose surname was never scored a goal.

Was it Arsenal he played for?

Truth is it never actually happened. It's often given as an "answer" to a trick question all right, that somebody with the surname Never scored a winning goal, but there's nothing in the records to back it up.

For what it's worth, am not sure that Good Friday ever did actually fall on an Easter Monday either. There may well have been a horse of that name that came a cropper in the Irish Grand National some time, but the English have a similar question - "when did Good Friday fall on Boxing Day?" - and the answer they give is that a horse called Good Friday once fell in a race on December 26th. Some say it was in the King George stakes at Kempton, while others say it was at Wolverhampton.

I do know that Socrates never played for UCD, in either the League of Ireland or the Sigerson Cup.... :)

Ratso from Midnight Cowbow and Ratso from the Jackie Chan Adventures? Not sure I would classify the Jackie Chan Adventures as long running though

Ratso from Midnight Cowbow and Ratso from the Jackie Chan Adventures? Not sure I would classify the Jackie Chan Adventures as long running though

Another good shout, but alas no, ohno :p

• Advertisement

Another good shout, but alas no, ohno :p

I'm stumped so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

The Pink Panther?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Truth is it never actually happened. It's often given as an "answer" to a trick question all right, that somebody with the surname Never scored a winning goal, but there's nothing in the records to back it up.

For what it's worth, am not sure that Good Friday ever did actually fall on an Easter Monday either. There may well have been a horse of that name that came a cropper in the Irish Grand National some time, but the English have a similar question - "when did Good Friday fall on Boxing Day?" - and the answer they give is that a horse called Good Friday once fell in a race on December 26th. Some say it was in the King George stakes at Kempton, while others say it was at Wolverhampton.

I do know that Socrates never played for UCD, in either the League of Ireland or the Sigerson Cup.... :)

Whaaaat??!!

Alan Never existed??!!

The Pink Panther?

Nope...

Time for a tenuous clue.... I'm no expert on t'web, and no doubt the answer aint 'googleproof' , but it might take a bitta searching nonetheless...

CLUE:

A lesser known member of Guns 'N' Roses' name features prominently in this cartoon, but not as a character.... Might get the name of the cartoon from this, but it's the film name I want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

That's very tenuous clue all right. :)

Reckon I'd just come up with the answer myself already, though. So here's another tenuous clue....the son (in real life) of the actor who played that character is also an actor himself, and one of his best-known characters is somebody who regularly doesn't get much sleep.......

Nope...

Time for a tenuous clue.... I'm no expert on t'web, and no doubt the answer aint 'googleproof' , but it might take a bitta searching nonetheless...

CLUE:

A lesser known member of Guns 'N' Roses' name features prominently in this cartoon, but not as a character.... Might get the name of the cartoon from this, but it's the film name I want :D

the cartoon is the Simpons, right? Duff McCagan from G'N'R and Duff beer from The Simpsons. Still cant think of the film though.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

What is the only month of the year that doesn't begin or end on the same day as any other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Nope...

CLUE:

Day of the locust

the cartoon is the Simpons, right? Duff McCagan from G'N'R and Duff beer from The Simpsons. Still cant think of the film though.

Correct .about cartoon.. Now guess the character....Uncle Pierre knows da answer :pac:

• Advertisement

Correct .about cartoon.. Now guess the character....Uncle Pierre knows da answer :pac:

Indeed he does. D'OH!

Advertisement