Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf club impact spray

Options
  • 30-03-2021 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Looking to see what the options are for applying impact spray on my clubs to determine strike location.

I hear a lot talking abt Dr Scholls foot spray so I bought a tin of Dr Scholls 24h fresh step but it leaves no white residue on club face.

Tried 4 different chemists for a foot spray or other that leaves a residue when applied that would pick up impact but no joy.

Would appreciate if anyone knows of something that would work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Looking to see what the options are for applying impact spray on my clubs to determine strike location.

I hear a lot talking abt Dr Scholls foot spray so I bought a tin of Dr Scholls 24h fresh step but it leaves no white residue on club face.

Tried 4 different chemists for a foot spray or other that leaves a residue when applied that would pick up impact but no joy.

Would appreciate if anyone knows of something that would work

Can of dry shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

baby powder

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Daktarin Aktiv Spray Powder is the one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

Non-permanent marker on the clubface also works

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

fearruanua wrote: »
    Can of dry shampoo.

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

The superspeed guys do one called Strike Spray I think, bit nor sure if they have an Irish distributor for it.

From memory, the scholl one is very specific that works and I've never seen it before here. Think they only sell that clear aerosol, whereas you need their athletes foot spray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

I couldn't get the Scholl's spray powder anywhere here, tried everywhere. I ended up ordering it from Boots (I think) in the UK. So if you want to get something locally, just try one of the other suggestions here

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Quahog217

Gipo3 wrote: »
    This

Yes this works perfect.
    Stole the Mrs bottle from ALDI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Dry shampoo. About €1.50. Penneys. Light spraying 1 foot away from face. Easy clean.

548691.jpg

548690.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

newport2 wrote: »
    I couldn't get the Scholl's spray powder anywhere here, tried everywhere. I ended up ordering it from Boots (I think) in the UK. So if you want to get something locally, just try one of the other suggestions here

The Dr Scholl's spray is different this side of the water then in the US, it's not as dry so wouldn't recommend it, lessens friction too much so you'd see a significant change in spin and flight.

Either get Dr Scholl's from the US or use the dry shampoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I was the same I tried the dr scholl here and it useless. Bought a couple of hundred strike stickers for driver, woods and iron from alibaba for about 7 quid they were delivered last week so haven't tried them yet.

The marker of the ball works well but just a bit of a pain to do every shot. One benefit is though it stops you just lashing balls in block practice mode

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

Another option Adam Young uses in the book the practice manual is a dry wipe marker. Draw a spot on the ball or a vertical line (if you want to check your lie angle)

The Dr Scholl's spray is different this side of the water then in the US, it's not as dry so wouldn't recommend it, lessens friction too much so you'd see a significant change in spin and flight.

The one I got in the UK worked fine. That said, it was a couple of years back, so maybe it has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Wombatman wrote: »
    Dry shampoo. About €1.50. Penneys. Light spraying 1 foot away from face. Easy clean.

548691.jpg

548690.jpg

Got this and worked great, cheers - and thanks to others for the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

stickers?

newport2 wrote: »
    The one I got in the UK worked fine. That said, it was a couple of years back, so maybe it has changed.

I stand corrected, just got mine out and it is Daktarin Aktiv Spray Powder that I bought, not Dr. Scholl's.

Seve OB wrote: »
    stickers?

They lower friction, so less spin and as a result a different flight. Anything that goes on the face to indicate impact position needs to have as little an impact on the flight as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

The powder ingredient in Athletes foot spray is Tolnaftate; now apparently blocked from irish market.
    Boots in NI have it, but its pretty crap.

Cant see the issue with ball flight, If its the impact you are looking for...

whizbang wrote: »
    The powder ingredient in Athletes foot spray is Tolnaftate; now apparently blocked from irish market.
    Boots in NI have it, but its pretty crap.

Cant see the issue with ball flight, If its the impact you are looking for...

The reason why ball flight is important is you want to relate the impact point to the ball flight, if the ball flight is affected the learning will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

The reason why ball flight is important is you want to relate the impact point to the ball flight, if the ball flight is affected the learning will be affected.

Yeah, have tried out clubs in places multiple times, and most fitters will tell you that you cant get decent output from stickers as it significantly impacts the spin characteristics and you can get those low spin flier balls, etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement