Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein, Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Just received the Ticketmaster email. Do we get all the fees refunded too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just received the Ticketmaster email. Do we get all the fees refunded too?

Unlikely

Unlikely

That's ridiculous, how is that legal? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »

It should be quite simple. The service fees paid are now paid by the actual company holding the event as they are cancelling.

If I cancel for whatever reason, take the fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ticketmaster only changed their terms last June or July so any tickets bought before then will be a full refund.
    After that they may hold onto the fees.

Eventim do not refund fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That's true. The email EventIM sent out clearly states that they will refund the face value of the tickets therefore fees won't be refunded which IMO is an absolute crock of sh!te.

It was all a scam to get 15 quid out of everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Poor ticket sales.
    The concert should have been in Dublin.

Was it not mostly sold out?

You think 2 hours down the road to a more expensive city would have made a big difference?

bennyl10 wrote: »

You think 2 hours down the road to a more expensive city would have made a big difference?

Personally I've no idea of the ticket sales, and I do know about a dozen people that weren't going to attend because it was in another city.

I appreciate it's not that big of an inconvenience and was prepared to make an event of it. But many are spoiled by living in the capital/biggest city and are used to getting home to their own bed after a gig and not having to miss work.

Others had the more reasonable arguement that the tickets were already very expensive, and that costs quickly escalate by way of travel/babysitter/hotel/airbnb/eating out etc, turning your €120 ticket into a great deal more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While I wasn't going, there would be a difference for people travelling to a gig in Dublin over Belfast. Dublin is far easier to get to from the other main population centres on the island, may not necessitate extra days off work (not including this as being a Saturday). Let alone change of currency just to have spending money, so be less casual attendees from further south.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes, of course it would make a huge difference.
    Dublin is one of the biggest markets for concerts in Europe, Belfast is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Still pretty bummed about this today :-(

This is without a doubt the single worst consequence of covid.

Still pretty bummed about this today :-(

This is without a doubt the single worst consequence of covid.

I feel like this is only the beginning.
    Wait until we have to chase our refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

This is the band's way of forcing their Irish fans to become die Ausländer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just got my refund there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 zompea

Spent quite a few minutes wondering what the random Sterling refund was in my Revolut. Was sad to realise this was it.

No sign of my refund yet.
    Probably nothing to worry about 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Me neither. They say up to 28 days, and are probably doing it in batches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I've cancelled the credit card they were purchased with, so that's gonna be a 'chase the bank' job I think. Bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

How many of ye bought through EventIM?

I've cancelled the credit card they were purchased with, so that's gonna be a 'chase the bank' job I think. Bleh.

Mine arrived this morning.
    I bought them with credit card but the refund is in my current account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Yes, of course it would make a huge difference.
    Dublin is one of the biggest markets for concerts in Europe, Belfast is not.

Really? Strange its skipped by a massive percentage of bands on European tours then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Money goes to the account not the card, you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Really? Strange its skipped by a massive percentage of bands on European tours then?

Small tours can pass due to the cost if crossing the sea, but the big ones are lucrative for bands here .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Like who got example? I know the odd one does on the odd tour but a massive percentage? Like 70%?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Got mine this morning.

Nice to have my credit card down to zero through a refund, but this is the concert I was most looking forward to so...bleh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Small tours can pass due to the cost if crossing the sea, but the big ones are lucrative for bands here .

aside from crossing costs, venue costs are significantly higher in ROI compared to europe, I happy to be corrected, but I do not believe and irish venue generates more revenue for a band over a uk one, travel costs aside

Hoboo wrote: »
    Like who got example? I know the odd one does on the odd tour but a massive percentage? Like 70%?

quick google for 2019 - good charlotte/ new order for example

• Advertisement

aside from crossing costs, venue costs are significantly higher in ROI compared to europe, I happy to be corrected, but I do not believe and irish venue generates more revenue for a band over a uk one, travel costs aside

The band would be paid by their management but both the management, and the local promoter need to distribute the extra haulage costs against what is usually one date on this island, also the higher tax/insurance/labour costs as well as the day lost before/after as a result of the extra travel.
    So both need to determine a minimum 'break even' return and then decide if there is sufficient demand/fan support for said act, to ensure they get it.

That's why big shows like ac/DC, rolling stones and non Jovi are guaranteed but more niche acts like Rammstein, Lindemann, Marilyn Manson, nine inch nails are not.

Advertisement