Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein, Belfast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And a lot more expensive for hotels etc but probably better craic before and after too

Tbh all accommodation will be more expensive for the next year or two due to this whole pandemic. Yea it being saturday def makes it more appealing for me to grab a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tbh all accommodation will be more expensive for the next year or two due to this whole pandemic. Yea it being saturday def makes it more appealing for me to grab a ticket

On the flipside of that, if they price themselves too expensive people wont stay there (I know that could apply pre-Covid, but people will be a bit more wary about money)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, what's everyone's thoughts, I don't think it's looking likely this summer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Well, what's everyone's thoughts, I don't think it's looking likely this summer either.

I'd say it's extremely unlikely.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I saw recently they have postponed the American tour. I highly doubt Belfast will go ahead this year either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya probably not going ahead. Right now it actually wouldn't bother me as long as it's rescheduled for next year. If it's off completely I'll be gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

There isn't a hope it'll go ahead this summer. There might be some hope for the genteel "concerts in the park" events, but there's no way 80,000 sweating, roaring metal fans packing into a venue will be anything other than a COVID petri dish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

TychoCaine wrote: »
    There isn't a hope it'll go ahead this summer. There might be some hope for the genteel "concerts in the park" events, but there's no way 80,000 sweating, roaring metal fans packing into a venue will be anything other than a COVID petri dish

Surely the flames would kill the covid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah it doesn't seem very likely at all for this summer as it stands, I just hope it isn't postponed another full year though but it's probably likely!

Shred wrote: »
    Yeah it doesn't seem very likely at all for this summer as it stands, I just hope it isn't postponed another full year though but it's probably likely!

I presume it'll have to be because it's an open air summer tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

Belfast date cancelled entirely now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Tickets refunded with no option of moving to another venue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Absolutely sick. Would be great if they announced Dublin instead.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Absolutely sick. Would be great if they announced Dublin instead.

I was at the 2012 one and i'd say the three arena said no to them coming back after all the pyro. It was a crazy amount for an indoor venue, and you know our H&S regulations..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I didn’t get any email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Just saw it on FB now :( Was mad to see them live again. Will they just auto refund us or do we need to do something I wonder??

I was at the 2012 one and i'd say the three arena said no to them coming back after all the pyro. It was a crazy amount for an indoor venue, and you know our H&S regulations..

I doubt it. It's a stadium tour because of the size of the stage and the pyro towers in the middle of the crowd so needs to be outdoor.

Belfast cancelled but all other gigs rescheduled to 2022. Fvck me.

I personally would love to see them play in the Aviva or the RDS. Preferably the Aviva because of the shape of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://www.rammstein.de/en/europe-stadium-tour-postponed-again-to-2022/
    Mar 24, 2021
    Due to the expected ongoing event-bans and restrictions related to COVID-19, Rammstein are unfortunately forced to postpone the planned European Stadium Tour again.
    The band and everyone involved are very disappointed about this.
    Given the lack of planning reliability for holding events of this size, this step is unavoidable.

The concerts are rescheduled to 2022.

Unfortunately, some minor changes had to be made and the show in Belfast will be canceled entirely.
    Tickets for Belfast will be refunded, all other tickets remain valid!

The band is using the time off to continue working on new songs.
    We look forward to seeing you in 2022!

I would love to know the real reason as to why Belfast was the only one cancelled.

I would love to know the real reason as to why Belfast was the only one cancelled.

Its a mix of Brexit and ticket sales I would imagine. The extra checks on goods coming from the UK to NI, as we all know, is quite onerous. I imagine it just wasn't worth it at all for the one gig, and an undersold one at that.

• Advertisement

As would I. Too much Brexit-related red tape make the logistics of bringing the show across not deemed worth the hassle I wonder?

I was of the opinion that it was going to be in Belfast because of Brexit and they chose that a while beforehand in order to allow for it if (at the time) it happened and it would have been easier for them to get into NI rather than ROI.

I was of the opinion that it was going to be in Belfast because of Brexit and they chose that a while beforehand in order to allow for it if (at the time) it happened and it would have been easier for them to get into NI rather than ROI.

Except its not at all easier to get into NI, which we found out at the end of the deal.

The best thing would be for a Dublin gig before the UK dates as that would mean just one load of checks going into the UK. I don't think this would work either come to think of it as these heavy trucks would need to pass through the UK mainland. God, this has ramifications for a whole host of big shows in the years to come >:(

I wonder would it be worth starting a petition for a Republic gig? :o I imagine they have thought of this possibility and decided against it :(

EDIT:

I wonder would it be worth starting a petition for a Republic gig? :o I imagine they have thought of this possibility and decided against it :(

I expect this is the case. Ferrying that stage et al across water has a presumed cost of x. In the UK they have three or four shows to offset that cost. Here it would be only the one.

Don't get me wrong, I would completely settle for trimmed down show, even a completely stripped down show. But money is the bottom line of everything.

I expect this is the case. Ferrying that stage et al across water has a presumed cost of x. In the UK they have three or four shows to offset that cost. Here it would be only the one.

Don't get me wrong, I would completely settle for trimmed down show, even a completely stripped down show. But money is the bottom line of everything.

Yeah, lugging that lot doesn't come cheap.
    50 tons of equipment, 60 trucks: Rammstein's tour of superlatives

Next, Rammstein will go to Denmark. Copenhagen awaits the boys on Wednesday (June 19) who will travel through Europe with a superlative stage production. The band travels across the continent with two identical stages. During the show in one city, the other stage is set up at the next venue.

"It is one of the biggest stages that are currently on the way", the band is quoted on the Facebook page "Rammstein Belgium". It is 24 meters wide, 15 meters high and impresses with its pure steel construction. The other numbers are tough too.

400 people work on setting up the stage every day. 100 loudspeaker boxes are hung up. 50 tons of equipment are hoisted on 120 motors for each concert. The music system is an impressive 380,000 watts. Rammstein could still be heard ten kilometers away in Dresden.

For each concert, 60 trucks are required, which alone transport the power plants on board. "That's two megawatt units that pull through around 1000 liters of diesel per show." These are needed so that the electricity in the respective city does not go out during the Rammstein concerts.

"Most productions today look like television studios. Even the rock concerts. Ice cold. That's how it works. But not at Rammstein," they say. And 30,000 to 50,000 people experience this gigantic production every time. Almost one million fans are expected at the 30 concerts on their stadium tour.

Rammstein don't do stripped down shows.

The only way you'll get a stripped down Rammstein gig is if you're in Tills house and he starts singing in the shower :pac:

Rammstein don't do stripped down shows.

The only way you'll get a stripped down Rammstein gig is if you're in Tills house and he starts singing in the shower :pac:

Well I missed Lindemann when they played London, so I'd gladly accept

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe they have a Dublin show booked and the reason they couldn't move the Belfast tickets over was because of the location being a stadium e.g. RDS or Aviva?

Im just clutching at straws here btw, Ive never seen them live before and 100% regret not getting tickets for the 3Arena show a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,584 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Poor ticket sales.
    The concert should have been in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Poor ticket sales.
    The concert should have been in Dublin.

Can't say I disagree with that!

Advertisement