Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Night Rate on New Smart Meter

Options
  • 22-02-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi we have a new smart meter , is is possible to enable night rate on this without having to swap out the meter ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Tony, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

If you're an Electric Ireland customer, we recommend contacting the Smart Service team on 1800 372 372. They will be able to advise you what is involved. 

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

just an update on this , the new smart meters that esb networks are installing are not capable of night rate electricity , the meter would need to be swapped out for an older type digital meter , they are waiting on new type smart meters which will be capable of this .

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Tony H wrote: »
    just an update on this , the new smart meters that esb networks are installing are not capable of night rate electricity , the meter would need to be swapped out for an older type digital meter , they are waiting on new type smart meters which will be capable of this .
    Which meter is not capable of this? I am with Energia and they said I am able to switch to one of their Smart plans which has night rates. I got my new meter around 6 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

LFCFan wrote: »
    Tony H wrote: »
    Which meter is not capable of this? I am with Energia and they said I am able to switch to one of their Smart plans which has night rates. I got my new meter around 6 months ago
    this is what I was informed by chat support and telephone support by Electric Ireland , I forgot to come back to this thread to inform people of this , 

I did not actually get this confirmed until a few weeks ago , crazy I know but the whole point of smart meters was to be able to offer different tariffs , I knew this but it took until electric ireland advertised the new tariffs that someone from electric ireland confirmed this  to me , any way i am not happily connected to the [font=Helvetica, Arial, serif]Home Electric + Nightboost  [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭cloudhopper19

EI do have a night boost option as part of their smart meter plans. Details of the 4 options here https://www.electricireland.ie/smart-meters/home-electric-plus

• Advertisement
Advertisement