Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute

Gee_G wrote: »
    Unfortunately ladies I have to bow out of this group after it being confirmed today that we have lost our baby at 12 weeks.
    I am wishing each of you all the very best of luck and health in your pregnancies. Enjoy it all xx

So sorry for your loss Gee_G. Mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Unfortunately ladies I have to bow out of this group after it being confirmed today that we have lost our baby at 12 weeks.
    I am wishing each of you all the very best of luck and health in your pregnancies. Enjoy it all xx

So sorry to hear that. Mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

So sorry to hear, look after your self ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Gee_G, I’m so sorry for your loss 💔 Take care of yourself and just take each day at a time x

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Am so very sorry to hear that. Be kind to yourself xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Mirage21

So so sorry Gee_G to hear this sad news. Thinking of you and your partner, take care of yourself xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mirage21

I am sad to report that after a follow up scan at EPU this morning a MS has been confirmed, there was no more growth since my scan 2 weeks ago and heart beat has stopped. Bleeding started again this morning. Am heartbroken. Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies xx

Mirage21 wrote: »
    I am sad to report that after a follow up scan at EPU this morning a MS has been confirmed, there was no more growth since my scan 2 weeks ago and heart beat has stopped. Bleeding started again this morning. Am heartbroken. Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies xx

So sorry Mirage, look after yourself x

So sorry Mirage, thinking of you and look after yourself ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Bambinoonboard

Gee-G and Mildred, Im so sorry for both your losses. What you are feeling - there are no words to describe. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Aw I am so sorry to hear this @mirage21. Be kind to yourself and give yourself all the time you need. I wouldn't wish this on anybody, heartbreaking. Take care xx

Really sorry to hear, look after yourself x

I’m so sorry Mirage, thinking of you, mind yourself 💔

How is everyone doing ? I have my 12 week scan on the 15th April. Am so nervous after 2 losses. Am finding it difficult to relax.

Denise2007 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing ? I have my 12 week scan on the 15th April. Am so nervous after 2 losses. Am finding it difficult to relax.

Fingers crossed everything goes ok with the scan. First scan is always the most nerve racking I find.

This pregnancy is so different to my daughter, its really kicking my ass. Found out today after 2 days of annoying dizzy spells that I have low blood pressure, never had that before and not a nice feeling. Hoping it passes quickly.

Naid23 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed everything goes ok with the scan. First scan is always the most nerve racking I find.

This pregnancy is so different to my daughter, its really kicking my ass. Found out today after 2 days of annoying dizzy spells that I have low blood pressure, never had that before and not a nice feeling. Hoping it passes quickly.

Morning !! Have had 3 scans now as so nervous, last one was at 9 weeks at Holles St.

Have had a couple of dizzy spells too but they have passed quickly not as bad as yourself so hope they pass quickly for you.

Am just exhausted all of the time and am hungry but don't want to eat which my husband finds bizarre. This would be our first after 9 years trying. Has been a v long road and we are both taking it a day at a time.

X

Morning !! Have had 3 scans now as so nervous, last one was at 9 weeks at Holles St.

Have had a couple of dizzy spells too but they have passed quickly not as bad as yourself so hope they pass quickly for you.

Am just exhausted all of the time and am hungry but don't want to eat which my husband finds bizarre. This would be our first after 9 years trying. Has been a v long road and we are both taking it a day at a time.

X

I was like that on my daughter, especially the first 3 months with the eating. Was literally forcing myself to eat for the babies sake. Best to Try to eat little and often and go with what your body wants. Eating well is important obviously but if you find that eating pasta for example is the only thing you can eat then eat away. Hope that makes sense.

With this pregnancy, first 2/3 months were rough so all i ate was pasta or bread, not a lot of meat but my midwife and doc just said to eat what you can to get through the first few months. And same can be said for sleeping/resting- do it as much as you can.

Hi everyone, all quiet here with me, been busy preparing for my little mans 2nd Birthday tomorrow, can’t believe it, the time has flown! Finally got the date for my booking scan late next week, I will be almost 14 weeks by then. I’m excited but nervous. I had the Harmony test done last week so I’m anxiously waiting for the call with the results, fingers crossed all will be ok.

Hope everyone is feeling well and getting plenty of rest.....I’m looking forward to a bit more energy once the first trimester is over!

Naid23 wrote: »
    I was like that on my daughter, especially the first 3 months with the eating. Was literally forcing myself to eat for the babies sake. Best to Try to eat little and often and go with what your body wants. Eating well is important obviously but if you find that eating pasta for example is the only thing you can eat then eat away. Hope that makes sense.

With this pregnancy, first 2/3 months were rough so all i ate was pasta or bread, not a lot of meat but my midwife and doc just said to eat what you can to get through the first few months. And same can be said for sleeping/resting- do it as much as you can.

Thanks very much for that..am making myself eat. Can't stand greasy or rich food. Cheese on toast and tuna pasta seems to be a winner !!

How are you feeling now ?

Am so tired am on the verge of going to bed now. I really need to buy more sports bras too .... 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Hi everyone, has anyone been to the community midwife clinic for The Coombe in Citywest Convention Centre? Is it easy to find?

Hi guys joining in with a due date of 29th of October! FTM! had a private scan on Friday was measuring 2 days ahead. Holles street made a mistake and gave me my booking scan at 8 weeks (4 weeks early!!) hence going to a private one, I do have an appointment in holles street next Tuesday for my booking appointment I’ve gone public and meeting a consultant called Zara fonesca Kelly, all very new to be me and not sure what to expect, was tempted to change to semi private but been advised public is much the same and for extra scans just go private! All tips and advice welcome!

Mildred22 wrote: »
    Hi guys joining in with a due date of 29th of October! FTM! had a private scan on Friday was measuring 2 days ahead. Holles street made a mistake and gave me my booking scan at 8 weeks (4 weeks early!!) hence going to a private one, I do have an appointment in holles street next Tuesday for my booking appointment I’ve gone public and meeting a consultant called Zara fonesca Kelly, all very new to be me and not sure what to expect, was tempted to change to semi private but been advised public is much the same and for extra scans just go private! All tips and advice welcome!

Am due on the 27th Oct so v close to you ! Am going private at Holles St and booking in on Thursday for 12 week scan. It's my first so have no advice but wanted to say hello !!

Am due on the 27th Oct so v close to you ! Am going private at Holles St and booking in on Thursday for 12 week scan. It's my first so have no advice but wanted to say hello !!

Oh lovely! Well I measured on Friday with a due date of the 27th but cuz it was a private scan and not a full week ahead due date didn’t change! Exciting for Thursday is it your first scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Joining with a due date of the 12th October. This is my second and I'll have 2 under 2 when this baba arrives - eek!

My first was public in Holles St so ask any question you like if you're heading there. I was pre-covid last time but I found the wait times really long. Even if you get there early you could be waiting ages. By the end of the pregnancy I would turn up 90mins/2 hours late and still wait around a bit sometimes. It drove me crazy. Bring a well charged phone or book! Though hopefully they've gotten better with Covid and it's more appointment based.

While you are at your first appointment you'll be called for a 'signing in' paperwork chat, then for the actual booking/talking about pregnancy with a midwife, then you need to go give a urine sample and blood sample. Eventually you'll be called for your scan and chat with the consultant which takes about 5/10 mins - if you have questions, have them ready or you'll be out again before you know it!

Oh thanks so much that’s great info! I’m in on Tuesday for my first appointment (well I had a scan at 8 weeks as they made a mistake with dates) I had a phone call with a midwife this week to go through history to reduce the time at appointment and the app is 845am hoping I’m not waiting around to much! I was meant to be a the Pearse street primary care centre so I got a scan at 8 weeks and then 4 days later I was meant to go into Pearse street then I got a phone call to say they messed up the dates and they wud give me a new appointment (even tho I rang to ask why it was so early!) but my new appointment is now in holles street with a consultant so bit confused but hoping I get another scan 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»
    Thanks for all the info tho great help!!
    buffin wrote: »
    Joining with a due date of the
    12th October. This is my second and I'll have 2 under 2 when this baba arrives - eek!

My first was public in Holles St so ask any question you like if you're heading there. I was pre-covid last time but I found the wait times really long. Even if you get there early you could be waiting ages. By the end of the pregnancy I would turn up 90mins/2 hours late and still wait around a bit sometimes. It drove me crazy. Bring a well charged phone or book! Though hopefully they've gotten better with Covid and it's more appointment based.

While you are at your first appointment you'll be called for a 'signing in' paperwork chat, then for the actual booking/talking about pregnancy with a midwife, then you need to go give a urine sample and blood sample. Eventually you'll be called for your scan and chat with the consultant which takes about 5/10 mins - if you have questions, have them ready or you'll be out again before you know it!

Oh and also huge congratulations on your second!!
    buffin wrote: »
    Joining with a due date of the 12th October. This is my second and I'll have 2 under 2 when this baba arrives - eek!

Went for my 12 week scan on Thursday, thankfully all good. Got the Harmony test done too with results in 7 to 10 days. They asked if I wanted to know the sex and said yes tho not sure now ....

Was lovely to see the baby moving around 😊

I have my first appointment in holles street tomorrow, can any one tell me what to expect and about how long it will all take? I’m in first thing so hoping I’m not waiting around to long? Anything I need to bring or anything? Thanks

• Advertisement

Mildred22 wrote: »
    I have my first appointment in holles street tomorrow, can any one tell me what to expect and about how long it will all take? I’m in first thing so hoping I’m not waiting around to long? Anything I need to bring or anything? Thanks

Hi,

Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes. I was about 15 mins with the consultant and 5 mins to get my bloods done, waited about 20 mins to be called in. Don't need to bring anything. It will go quickly.

Advertisement