Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiodh Mór Area Ferrybank

• 25-03-2021 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone :)

Not sure if I’m posting in the right place but worth a shot. My partner and I have put in an offer for a house in Fiodh Mór area in Ferrybank.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard any stories or know what the area in general is like? We have both recently moved back to Waterford and I know nobody living there.

Any info/advice would be great. I checked the Property price register and the houses there have sold below market value the last two years, not sure if this is cause for concern?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

DavidK1993 wrote: »

Not sure if I’m posting in the right place but worth a shot. My partner and I have put in an offer for a house in Fiodh Mór area in Ferrybank.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard any stories or know what the area in general is like? We have both recently moved back to Waterford and I know nobody living there.

Any info/advice would be great. I checked the Property price register and the houses there have sold below market value the last two years, not sure if this is cause for concern?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't heard anything about it tbh but I'm sure the prices are lower for a reason. There's a house in the paddocks Williamstown rd that looks a better buy

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Dexpat

Thanks in advance.

I know someone living there with a young family. It seems fine, I haven't heard of any issues. It's quite a young estate with plenty of kids around.

It's a bit of a trek into town at the moment but it could be come very walkable as it will be close to the New Ross greenway when completed, and the new bridge at the clock tower will get you into town in no time.

As a result that whole area could become very popular in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DavidK1993

Haven't heard anything about it tbh but I'm sure the prices are lower for a reason. There's a house in the paddocks Williamstown rd that looks a better buy

Out of our price range unfortunately. Furthermore, if it’s the same property I’m thinking of it has been on the market for a suspiciously long amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DavidK1993

Cheers for that!

Yeah it’s a small bit out but I cycled over from Dominick Place yesterday and took me 12 minutes, we also both drive and there’s a bus route too.

The new greenway will be starting just down the road from the house, which I believe is being connected to the Waterford greenway, so that will definitely add some value and provide more sustainable transport options.

Add the North Quays to this and it will be a great little investment.

Went sake agreed today, exciting times ahead!
    Dexpat wrote: »
    I know someone living there with a young family. It seems fine, I haven't heard of any issues. It's quite a young estate with plenty of kids around.

It's a bit of a trek into town at the moment but it could be come very walkable as it will be close to the New Ross greenway when completed, and the new bridge at the clock tower will get you into town in no time.

As a result that whole area could become very popular in a few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 pearsebhoy

Cheers for that!

Yeah it’s a small bit out but I cycled over from Dominick Place yesterday and took me 12 minutes, we also both drive and there’s a bus route too.

The new greenway will be starting just down the road from the house, which I believe is being connected to the Waterford greenway, so that will definitely add some value and provide more sustainable transport options.

lucky you. did the scumbag estate agent make up 50 fake bids with "cash" buyers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Dexpat

Cheers for that!

That's good. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Fiodh Mor is fine absolutely nothing wrong with it,as you said Greenway will be very close to it best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

I lived there for about 8 years. Quiet area all told. Never had any hassle or issues. There was a lot of properties rented in my time so the neighbours changed quite frequently but guess we were lucky as all were nice ppl. You would walk into town in just over half an hour. Bus stop right outside estate but the schedule is hit n miss.
    The only thing I would say is get the house checked out by someone in the know before ya buy for snags etc. They were thrown up during the boom and dont think the best quality materials were used in the construction process.

Advertisement