Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFTs

Options
  • 05-02-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Anyone here dipped their toes into NFTs? I wanted to get some exposure to them while I researched them a bit and found NFTX, kind of like an NFT index fund, it's explained better here https://morioh.com/p/a307883eec1a

It's newer, only started January 5th, at around $16, sitting at $120ish now. I only jumped in Jan 15th but it looks promising for those who might want some skin in the game without knowing everything about the space. As always, do your own research!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Damn, this beauty shot up to $330 today before settling back to 290 now. Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

NFT's starting to filter through to mass media. The topic made it into a Saturday Night Live sketch last night ->

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1376032888764960769?s=20

Like many boomers have struggled with digital currency, I struggle with NFTs. I wonder who in their right minds would pay for some of that rubbish. It makes no sense to me why anyone would pay for a digital copy of something that's otherwise available....but then I have to respect that this happens in the analog world where people pay crazy amounts for an original art piece when a copy could appear 99.99% identical, sell for €2.99 and as a visual be enjoyed equally.

However, in tracking ownership and ensuring payments get back to the original creator, there's a definite use case there. This cointelegraph article speculates on potential new use cases that may emerge.

Naturally, it's going to be bubble that pops but it will still be around after the bubble bursts. The great thing for those of us that have our main interest in crypto is that its dragging a completely new user base into the digital assets world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

New watches, cars, shoes, Garth Brooks tickets, etc will come with an NFT in time.

People like to collect stuff. Look at Travis Scott shoes or Grateful Bear shoes and what they sell for in the grey market. They sell for so much that there are so many fakes out there. The people who buy the real ones don't even wear them.

Advertisement