Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection

• 27-06-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Is this even coming out over here? Says on Wikipedia only in Japan and N.A... ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Would be a shame if it doesn't. I'd happily import it if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Legacy_Collection
    The Legacy Collection is planned to be released in North and South America on July 9, 2013 and on July 11, 2013 in Japan. A European release has yet to be announced.

131790-0280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what's the difference between this and the HD collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The Legacy Collection includes everything the HD Collection had, with:

Games
    Metal Gear Solid
    Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Videos
    Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Digital Graphic Novel

Booklet
    Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Book

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I thought Kojima was currently looking for a dev shop to redo the original Metal Gear Solid.
    I take it this only includes the untouched original?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

gouche wrote: »
    I thought Kojima was currently looking for a dev shop to redo the original Metal Gear Solid.
    I take it this only includes the untouched original?
    A follow up, though I wonder if anything will come of it...

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/just-add-water-pitches-for-metal-gear-solid-remake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Another remake of metal gear solid ?

Lets hope there be less surfing on missiles from snake

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Another remake of metal gear solid ?

Lets hope there be less surfing on missiles from snake

Or less coughing of lungs... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You gotta get passed those lasers somehow :pac:

Hiding those cigarettes in his stomach is quite genius :L

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Any update on this folks? On the Gamestop website it has a release date for the 13th of September. Is this definite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any update on this folks? On the Gamestop website it has a release date for the 13th of September. Is this definite?

It says September 13, 2013.

:o facepalm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

.. It was released a year ago dude

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    .. It was released a year ago dude

Rookie mistake! Never checked the year! After looking into this a bit more it looks like Konami have stop production of the Legacy Collection. The only place I can find it is on Amazon for 60 pounds. May just get the individual games (MGS4 & the HD collection) in Gamestop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Rookie mistake! Never checked the year! After looking into this a bit more it looks like Konami have stop production of the Legacy Collection. The only place I can find it is on Amazon for 60 pounds. May just get the individual games (MGS4 & the HD collection) in Gamestop :(

Yeah it was a while stocks last kind of thing. Well you get EVERY metal gear solid game so 60 pounds is cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone still play this ? How does it hold up ? VERY tempted buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

brady12 wrote: »

I just had a look at games that are included in the Legacy collection and I think all of them hold up very well.

The MSX MGS games , MGS1 and MGS 3 are Masterpieces .
    Metal Gear Solid 2 on a techinical standpoint is still incredible but its not a very good game . MGS4 is awful and peace walker is a Monster hunter Clone but so addicting and just so much fun to play .

Well worth the money imo if you can find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lucky Jack

Have you seen a used copy somewhere at a decent price? Or are you trying to get it via the PS3 store before that shuts (don't even know if it's on the PS3 store)?

I don't even have a PS3 but have planned to get one eventually for some older games, and this collection is probably top of the list, even thinking of buying it now just to have on hand.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the wiki for the collection, it says that MGS1 wasn't on the discs, but was a PS Store download code - anyone know how that works/will work in practice, either buying used or trying to download even with a valid code once the store is shut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭brady12

Lucky Jack wrote: »
    Have you seen a used copy somewhere at a decent price? Or are you trying to get it via the PS3 store before that shuts (don't even know if it's on the PS3 store)?

I don't even have a PS3 but have planned to get one eventually for some older games, and this collection is probably top of the list, even thinking of buying it now just to have on hand.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the wiki for the collection, it says that MGS1 wasn't on the discs, but was a PS Store download code - anyone know how that works/will work in practice, either buying used or trying to download even with a valid code once the store is shut?

They're brand new on Amazon ! Just need get a ps3 now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's used the code will more than likely have been used so won't work. You won't be able to download after the store closes but if you download before then and keep it on the machine it will be there until the machine goes kaput.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Spooch

They're brand new on Amazon ! Just need get a ps3 now

Link? They're rare enough. Very difficult to believe there are brand new copies available

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MGS probably my faourite series ever.

Legacy Collection was the first time that I had played Peace Walker and I loved it (missing out on Portable Ops is fine since it doesn't add anything to the overall story).

Whether you've played or haven't played the MGS games up to MGS 4, then it's definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it's used the code will more than likely have been used so won't work. You won't be able to download after the store closes but if you download before then and keep it on the machine it will be there until the machine goes kaput.

Thought as long as it's in your library, you can still download, but you just can't buy anything.

How does the fight against psycho Mantis work with the PS3, since you can't change ports, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought as long as it's in your library, you can still download, but you just can't buy anything.

How does the fight against psycho Mantis work with the PS3, since you can't change ports, can you?

On PS3 you can hold the PS button down and change your "controller number" which does the same thing effectively.

Still one of the greatest innovations I've ever seen in gaming

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CastorTroy wrote: »

True. But they will cut those servers eventually as well.

Advertisement