Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New NCT centre Tuam (opened March 2021)

Options
  • 14-06-2020 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when this is due to open? Apparently it was ready to go before the coronavirus hit here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, article here
    https://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/112138/six-staff-to-be-employed-in-new-nct-centre-tuam-says-cannon
    “The two-lane centre has already been built, but its interior has yet to be fully equipped. I have also been informed that when the centre opens in the Spring, it will serve the wide catchment area of North Galway, South Mayo and part of Roscommon,” he said.

I have not heard anything, and seen nothing on NCT site yet

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Shorty69664

Does anyone have any update on when Tuam NCT centre is opening?
    Still not showing it on the website.

You would think with the current backlog that it would make sense to open it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Does anyone have any update on when Tuam NCT centre is opening?
    Still not showing it on the website.

You would think with the current backlog that it would make sense to open it sooner rather than later.

Nothing about it online since earlier this year where it was supposed to open in "Spring". I think Covid Lockdown put a delay on it but there is nowt on the NCT website or the RSA about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

Passed by it last week and it looked like they were tarmacing the car park, so hopefully soon. Been a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mammy2two

Passed by it last week and it looked like they were tarmacing the car park, so hopefully soon. Been a long time coming.

Due an NCT before January I dont suppose there is any chance of the Tuam one opening before then at this rate? its still not on the web-page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Cos20

Hi all, this opened today, got a car tested this morning, booked online last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound, thanks for the update. Title updated.

Advertisement