Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Badger & Dodo single origin subscription chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Same here - I mentioned there's a few of us in the same situation who joined early Feb so hopefully they can get it sorted.

Good news for anyone who signed up early Feb - B&D got back to me just now and will send out the Peruvian now and continue the subscription then with next shipment end of March. Subscription will subsequently end in June then instead of July. Worth getting touch and requesting same for anyone who would prefer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Good news for anyone who signed up early Feb - B&D got back to me just now and will send out the Peruvian now and continue the subscription then with next shipment end of March. Subscription will subsequently end in June then instead of July. Worth getting touch and requesting same for anyone who would prefer that.

Thanks. I'll do that. I had planned on picking up a bag in their cafe at weekend to plug the gap. Might still do it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Been on the Peruvian a few days now. Really enjoying it - has a raisiny / plummy / sweet vibe and a very full flavour. Think it's my first time having a bean from Peru.

Looking forward to the surprise of next month already!

I've really enjoyed both so far, but being the 1st subscription I've done what I'm really enjoying is the pain it's taking away from trying to find new beans once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Is the 6 month sub gone now from their website as I couldn’t see it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

mad m wrote: »
    Is the 6 month sub gone now from their website as I couldn’t see it anywhere

Looks like the single origin sub is called roasters choice, not as cheap anymore but looks way more flexible, 250, 500 1kg 2.5kg, every week / fortnight / month, in any of the ones that say subscribe and save just tick the box, givens you the options, can just order ongoing or can choose 24 weeks in custom,

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Looks like the single origin sub is called roasters choice, not as cheap anymore but looks way more flexible, 250, 500 1kg 2.5kg, every week / fortnight / month, in any of the ones that say subscribe and save just tick the box, givens you the options, can just order ongoing or can choose 24 weeks in custom,

Wow, it looks like a big increase in price. I signed up for the single origin sub in Feb for 6 months at 1kg per month. Came to €156, to sign up today for the same would be €207!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

lfc200 wrote: »
    Wow, it looks like a big increase in price. I signed up for the single origin sub in Feb for 6 months at 1kg per month. Came to €156, to sign up today for the same would be €207!

Got the same in Jan, its next week we can expect the next lot to land isnt it?

Wow that's some jump. It was great value in fairness, but that's a bit much of a leap for me to continue it when it ends.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Got the same in Jan, its next week we can expect the next lot to land isnt it?

Think so!

• Advertisement

Wow that's some jump. It was great value in fairness, but that's a bit much of a leap for me to continue it when it ends.

Agreed, it was super value at original price!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Darrener

lfc200 wrote: »
    Agreed, it was super value at original price!

Definitely was. It's not value any more though ..Just ordinary

This drops tomorrow hopefully I think!
    Wonder if it will be their new Burundi?
    https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/burundi-ngogomo/

4th month of 6 for me and with the price hike will be moving elsewhere. Would have taken a 10% increase maybe as it was a great price but it's too much at once imo

It also indicates the roaster's choice sub also includes some of their staple blends (not just single origins) This seems to be a change too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

It also indicates the roaster's choice sub also includes some of their staple blends (not just single origins) This seems to be a change too.

Wow, this is cheeky!

Got mine as well today, looking forward to trying but my machine is broken at the moment so waiting for a new one to be sent out. Had hoped it would be here before Easter but not looking promising!

Has anyone else tried his yet?
    It's nice enough for me in the clever dripper - nothing special. Preferred the Nicaraguan in Jan and the Peruvian last month.

Maybe it needs a few more days to air though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Has anyone else tried his yet?
    It's nice enough for me in the clever dripper - nothing special. Preferred the Nicaraguan in Jan and the Peruvian last month.

Maybe it needs a few more days to air though.

Yeah, similar thoughts here
    It’s fine, but the Peruvian was nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Granite Head

I received Ethiopia Bombe as my subscription, delivered yesterday. First impressions underwhelming - definitely not as good as last month's Peruvian.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine, Therapy, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Amble

I received Ethiopia Bombe as my subscription, delivered yesterday. First impressions underwhelming - definitely not as good as last month's Peruvian.

That must be next month's - you have ruined the surprise Granite! :D:D

• Advertisement

I got the Karambi too and finding it difficult to get anything special out of it yet. It's nice, but I won't be constantly annoying family and friends to subscribe this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I got the Karambi too and finding it difficult to get anything special out of it yet. It's nice, but I won't be constantly annoying family and friends to subscribe this month.

Really, really disappointed with this

Agreed, can’t get anything decent from the coffee. It’s fine but that’s about all I would say about it.

Was expecting this to drop today but it didn't - anyone get theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Haven’t got mine yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭VM Varga

Was expecting this to drop today but it didn't - anyone get theirs yet?

Yeah - got the Burundi in the post today. Haven’t tried it yet.

VM Varga wrote: »
    Yeah - got the Burundi in the post today. Haven’t tried it yet.

Oooh a Burundi - nice! Will be my second last bag I think

Burundi landed here too this morning - will dial it in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Same for me. Nicely timed as I didn't have a bean left

• Advertisement

frink wrote: »
    Same for me. Nicely timed as I didn't have a bean left

I bought a bag of beans in shop to keep me going and they were awful. This couldn't have come sooner :P

Side note: I wish they did 1.25kg bags.....

Advertisement