Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peruffo Cicli

Options
  • 26-03-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever bought from these in Italy? Have some very good prices and reviews look decent, but always a bit weary when prices are as good as they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

Same question here... I'm constantly getting ads from them on my instagram stories regarding last unit S-Works framesets...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Seem to buy over the phone, are listed as an official supplier on Colnago and Pinarello websites and reviews seem to be decent.

Just to update this in case anyone else is considering using them. I looked into them more and more and was happy enough to go with them. ordered the frameset and bars at a huge discount. Communication was very good, they replied quickly to all my emails and knew their stuff. Had to wait on a part to come in but once it was posted it was very quick. Arrived yesterday after being posted last Wednesday.

Few things, I'm not sure how much they sell online, and it can make it seem a little dodgy. The whole sale was done through email and I was sent a one use link from them to pay for the frameset and bars. Delivery was expensive, much more than used to when ordering from Germany and rest of Europe. But even with this cost included it was about 30% cheaper than buying most other places.

Once the frame was ordered and paid for they went a little quiet and didn't reply as quickly as before, they do seem to be very busy at the moment but it does put some doubt in your mind. Frame arrived and is perfect. Only 2 small things, there was no spacers included with it and no thru axles. Not the end of the world but little annoyances. I've contacted them to see what happened with these so will see how good they are when something doesn't go quite right.

Bit overall I'd be very happy with the service and the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What's the story with the pricing? It's big on promise but low on clarity. Do you have to contact them for actual discounted prices on every item?

It's a bit strange alright, not huge amount of info on the site. Sent them an email with size, colour and model I wanted. They got back to me and it was about 30% cheaper than here and most other places. Thought it might be too good to be true so asked about some of their other prices. Lot seemed very similar to normal retail price and components were the same, maybe I got lucky with frame size and colour. Seems to be good pricing on sworks at the moment with them but Colnago seemed near same as here.

It's a strange situation alright when your used to buying from bike24 and places like that. I'm not sure how set up they are really for online stuff and might only be looking at moving more into that market. Service is very good though and they knew their stuff. I needed a different seatpost and most places didn't know you could get one with the different set back, they responded within 30 mins with few different options and let me know the lead time from pinarello for one.

Got onto them today as there was no spacers with the frame when it arrived. Again within 30 mins they replied, sent them a picture of what was in the box delivered and it's all been sorted, they apologised for the mistake and are posting out the spacers to me today.

Frameset has been registered on pinarello, they take a lot of info, serial number, shop you purchased from, size, model, some other details too. They then get back to you to confirm the warranty and crash replacement has been extended and also that it's a legit frame. I had checked with them before and they are a named supplier on the pinarello website and pinarello said there was no issues with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

Could you please share with us what model did you bought and the price paid including shipping?

from your description I would say they are not very orientated to online sales but at the same time I feel nervous when purchasing online like you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

You got me looking at the Shiv now :o

I bought a Pinarello F12 disc brake frameset from them, along with the Talon Ultra 1 piece bar and stem and the most integrated outfront mount for a garmin. Shipping was expensive about 400 euro, but was quick and fully insured. Total price came to below 5k. Priced here at around 7.2k without shipping. Problem with spacers and other bits not arriving was sorted straight away, they posted them out that day, apart from DPD sending them back to Italy when they got to Athlone and then having to come back again there was no issues and that wasn't the fault of the shop.

It was a bit nerve wracking buying from them, they have decent online presence and seem to be legit. But you don't buy thru the website, you contact them through email and then buy it that way. Got little quiet after I paid for the frameset but did reply, just not as quick as they had before.

I did price one or two other colours and models and they weren't as good savings so I might have gotten lucky with my choices.

@Bambatta, have you asked for a price on the shiv???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

400 quid shipping?? Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey!!

Well made a complete mess of that!! Re-read the invoice, it's all in Italian so had to run thru google translate. The insured value was 4000, I was reading that as the shipping cost (and reading that wrong as well!), the shipping cost was 100 euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement