Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender Woman guilty of child abuse imagery offenses [ADMIN WARNING IN 1ST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

volchitsa wrote: »
    Genuine question, so please don't take it as baiting, it's really not clear to me: are we allowed to point out that going by the tiny number of trans women in Irish prisons, they do seem to show a sex abuse profile that is far closer to that of men than of women?

That's because they're men . I don't care if a man wants to call himself a woman or dress up like one it's no skin off my nose , but they're still biologically a man , no matter that they try and tell you different.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tokyo wrote: »
    Mod: The article doesn't say that though and this kind of baiting will be actioned without recourse. Please bear that in mind throughout the course of this thread.

That's because they're men . I don't care if a man wants to call himself a woman or dress up like one it's no skin off my nose , but they're still biologically a man , no matter that they try and tell you different.

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

nullzero wrote: »
    The gender of this person isn't relevant to the crimes they have committed beyond the curiosity of some. Their being trans didn't make them download this content and trans people don't habitually engage in this behaviour.

Personally, I think it’s very important to record the biological sex of all criminals, otherwise the statistics will become skewed and meaningless. And I can’t think why anyone would have a problem with this unless they think sex and gender are the same thing.

It’s also very relevant because she was given a custodial sentence. Where will that sentence be carried out?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Please keep posts on topic and limit the whataboutery to zero, or further cards and threadbans will be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

WHY can we not use our common sense and discretion now?
    Ideological capture of the narrative. A deliberate cognitive leap is required to get on board and those that fail to make this leap are dismissed as bad people. Truly remarkable stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

nullzero wrote: »
    The gender of this person isn't relevant to the crimes they have committed beyond the curiosity of some. Their being trans didn't make them download this content and trans people don't habitually engage in this behaviour.

Society places a higher behavioural bar on men because their more likely to commit sexual harm than women. The issue is not that they are trans but that may bypass safe guards men are placed under which is illogical when someone was born male. I will call them a falcon if they identify as that but if given a prison term these criminals shouldn't automatically be put into a women's prison. However because of the extremist and moronic Gender Recognition Act 2015 that is what happens. The prison services are unhappy that they are hamstrung on this. The case of Barbie Kardashian is a good example of why the Gender Recognition Act 2015 is a bad law. What is really sinister is how Tusla have censored discussion of the case and you need to use a VPN to get info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

How long is the sentence, I might have missed it in the article. More interestingly, where will DeSouza be serving his sentence, have trans criminals been sent to prison in Ireland before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

WrenBoy wrote: »
    How long is the sentence, I might have missed it in the article. More interestingly, where will DeSouza be serving her sentence, have trans criminals been sent to prison in Ireland before ?

FYP

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    FYP

EEeeeeeehhh, the pedo. hows that !?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Sentence: three years. I wonder how that compares to sentences handed down to males for a similar offence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

There we are now, sex work and / or crystal meth will turn you into a nonce, that's a new one on me anyway.

The amount of excuses for this individual in that article is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

minikin wrote: »
    Sentence: three years. I wonder how that compares to sentences handed down to males for a similar offence?

Well Nolan has given men that downloaded 60k images of child abuse suspended sentences so there is little in the way of consistency in sentencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Noland is very lenient on nonces, it's very frustrating. Some young fella only got 2 years or something off him the other day after being caught with hundreds of images of babies, justification being he showed remorse and willingness to change during therapy..

No clue what the fact she is transgender has to do with it though. Being transgender didn't make her do it, being an evil sack of **** did. Are we really still implying in 2021 queer people are more predisposed to paedophilia based on no evidence?

And a clear distraction from this will be replies saying how is her gender more important the crime, but the OP was the one who brought it up , clearly they felt the fact she was transgender is very relevant to the crime. It's sick and clearly attempts to paint all of a minority with the same brush and needs to be called out.

Irish sentencing is weak

Irish sentencing on sex crimes is paper ****ing thin!

Or put another way, they was more Garda time put into the investigation than the sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

EEeeeeeehhh, the pedo. hows that !?

The Brazilian transgender prostitute methhead pedo. How exotic is that!

Something exciting is happening. Something...different.........

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Noland is very lenient on nonces

No clue what the fact she is transgender has to do with it though. Being transgender didn't make her do it, being an evil sack of **** did. Are we really still implying in 2021 queer people are more predisposed to paedophilia based on no evidence?

And a clear distraction from this will be replies saying how is her gender more important the crime, but the OP was the one who brought it up. It's sick and clearly attempts to paint all of a minority with the same brush and needs to be called out.

My question is where the sentence will be served, a male or female prison ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In the eyes of the state, this person is a woman in the same way as your mother is a woman.

Just 3 days ago, man given lighter sentence by Nolan for similar crimes.16 months for 272 images and 159 video of toddlers. Save the conspiracy theories.
    The issue here is Nolan's light sentencing, not the fact the criminal was a transgender woman
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/student-jailed-for-downloading-depraved-child-abuse-images-1.4518047

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Check out this article to get an explaination https://www.lawsociety.ie/gazette/top-stories/male-bodied-transgender-inmate-housed-with-women-prisoners/

If you are abroad or use a VPN you can view this news video that was censored here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_oj-2LmExE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

“has let her application to remain in Ireland lapse and will be deported when her sentence finishes.”

“Gee” thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I cannot understand the low level of this sentence. They are obviously likely to abuse a child in future. They have contributed to the abuse of children.

This is absolutely sickening that they would only get three years.

Why is the biological sex of the offender relevant?

Because criminological analyses aims to analyse crimes and deviant behaviour with the aim of reducing its occurrence. Contaminating factual data with subjective data impedes this crucial purpose.

Because turning the female estate into a mixed sex estate is fundamentally abusive and endangering to the natal women housed there with no route of escape.

The researchers state:
    ‘male-to-females . . . retained a male pattern regarding criminality. The same was true regarding violent crime.’

Written evidence submitted by Professor Rosa Freedman, Professor Kathleen Stock and Professor
    Alice Sullivan [GRA2021]
    Evidence and Data on Trans Women’s Offending Rates

This evidence is submitted to the WEC as requested of Professor Rosa Freedman by Nicola
    Richards MP during the 9
    th December Oral Evidence Session. The submission is divided into
    the following sections: (1) a summary of the Swedish study referred to in the session, and a
    response to some attempt to rebut that study; (2) data from the Ministry of Justice; and (3)
    analysis of that data from a May 2020 academic paper on transgender prisoners in England
    and Wales.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/18973/pdf/&ved=2ahUKEwjUs4719c3vAhUwQxUIHc50Df8QFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw1nfGy7VvUMk_Nrwv81ai3h

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Noland is very lenient on nonces, it's very frustrating. Some young fella only got 2 years or something off him the other day after being caught with hundreds of images of babies, justification being he showed remorse and willingness to change during therapy..

And a clear distraction from this will be replies saying how is her gender more important the crime, but the OP was the one who brought it up , clearly they felt the fact she was transgender is very relevant to the crime. It's sick and clearly attempts to paint all of a minority with the same brush and needs to be called out.

Genuine question. If the pattern repeats itself, and there's disproportionality in regards to crime as such among the trans community, would you ever recognize it as an issue? Or would you downplay the relationship? I'm speaking hypothetically of course.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Genuine question. If the pattern repeats itself, and there's disproportionality in regards to crime as such among the trans community, would you ever recognize it as an issue? Or would you downplay the relationship? I'm speaking hypothetically of course.

Whether there is or isn't a relationship the crimes shouldnt be considered or judged on what demographic the criminal falls into nor should it inform our judgement of whether that person is guilty or why they did it, otherwise transgender people who would never commit these crimes suffer conseque nces of unwarranted suspicion. By recognising the issue, you mean stereotyping ? What good will recognising that issue do, what would you have happen, that every transgender is outlawed from working with children or something ? When has that kind of attitude towards a group more predisposed to certain crimes ever helped to reduce levels of that crime being committed ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

In the eyes of the state, this person is a woman in the same way as your mother is a woman.

And we're supposed to believe in science, believe the science they say. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Bobblehats wrote: »
    “has let her application to remain in Ireland lapse and will be deported when her sentence finishes.”

“Gee” thanks!

It would be too much to ask that there would be a joined up approach taken to her release and deportation though. When she's released she'll be put outside the prison gate with her belongings- I doubt there will be a car waiting to take her to the airport for deportation.

The person in the article is male.

No, we’re noting that males and females have very different offending patterns when it comes to violent or sexual crimes. The transgender woman in the article is male, obviously, hence the transgender part and IMO, it’s important to note the biological sex of all people convicted of anything or else we just end up with a meaningless mush of statistics. I’m not sure why you mentioned sexuality. I don’t know the sexuality of the accused. Do you?

Kivaro wrote: »
    The article said she was involved in prostitution in Sao Paulo, Brasil.

It's also worth bearing in mind that when it is reported that there is an epidemic of transwomen being murdered, the stats are hugely inflated by the murder of transwomen in South America who are involved in the sex industry, which by its nature is very dangerous. These rates would be lowered significantly if we focused more on providing alternatives for those involved in the sex industry, instead of losing our shít over misgendering.

https://fairplayforwomen.com/trans-murder-rates/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

No, we’re noting that males and females have very different offending patterns when it comes to violent or sexual crimes. The transgender woman in the article is male, obviously, hence the transgender part and IMO, it’s important to note the biological sex of all people convicted of anything or else we just end up with a meaningless mush of statistics. I’m not sure why you mentioned sexuality. I don’t know the sexuality of the accused. Do you?

Where did bb1234567 mention the offenders sexuality?

Advertisement