Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 PS4's one house, help please

Options
  • 26-03-2021 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi folks
    So, I'm a senior citizen of the gaming world and have a 15 year-old son who loves his gaming as well.
    He has never asked for his own PS4 as he was happy to use mine, I'm not into online gaming so was happy for him to have it as much as he wants it. I've been hopping from PS3 to PS1 recently and happy to do it.

However, I have a fair few games in me library on PS4 so was thinking of investing in a second PS4 (500gb available on Smyths.ie for €299).

I dont want to take back the old one from the young fella as he'd lose all his save data / skins / power-ups / etc from the likes of Overwatch,COD,Brawlh alla,Fortnite etc

HOWEVER, I dont want to have to fork out money again on games that I've already purchased. I can't have my PS account active on 2 machines. Is it just a question of making sure that one of us is signed out at any given time??

Anyone offer a bit of assistance, I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure you can game share between the two consoles.

On the current console you can set the account on that console as the main account.

Get the new console. Create a brand new account on it. Set that as the main account of that console.

Then sign into the new console with your son's account and you can download all the games from your account which will be playable when you sign into the new account you created for the new PS4.

Anyone want to confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Anyone want to confirm this?

That is 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

You can also upload game saves to the cloud if your on psplus and download them on the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

agreed, this is something I do with my son in my house. you can definitely re-download the games on your own PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Is PS5 still really hard to find ? Wondering why you are getting a PS4 for 299 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Is PS5 still really hard to find ? Wondering why you are getting a PS4 for 299 ?

Must be honest, havent even considered a PS5 for myself and the young lad has no interest. The reason , I suppose, is that I have so much stuff bought and not played on the PS4 and I'll not get the chance before Christmas to get a good run on it.
    I'd be one to hit the sales on the online store regularly and pick up 'cheaper' games. Id have over 50 in me library of which Id say I've only ever downloaded 10!!!
    Some games I'd really need to invest time in The Witcher, Final Fantasy remake, Far Cry 5, Bloodborne, Spiderman, The Order:1886.
    So thought Id treat meself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

seoirsem wrote: »
    Must be honest, havent even considered a PS5 for myself and the young lad has no interest. The reason , I suppose, is that I have so much stuff bought and not played on the PS4 and I'll not get the chance before Christmas to get a good run on it.
    I'd be one to hit the sales on the online store regularly and pick up 'cheaper' games. Id have over 50 in me library of which Id say I've only ever downloaded 10!!!
    Some games I'd really need to invest time in The Witcher, Final Fantasy remake, Far Cry 5, Bloodborne, Spiderman, The Order:1886.
    So thought Id treat meself!!

Ok, so if they are all digital then you can get the digital ps5 for 399 with all the bells and whistles, much better frame rates, much much faster loading, good to go for the next 7 years etc etc etc. Disclaimer , I don't have a ps, ps people doesn't this make sense ???

So, treat yourself with the new console, way way better for 100 quid more. 299 for a PS4 is a rip off. Don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Ok, so if they are all digital then you can get the digital ps5 for 399 with all the bells and whistles, much better frame rates, much much faster loading, good to go for the next 7 years etc etc etc. Disclaimer , I don't have a ps, ps people doesn't this make sense ???

So, treat yourself with the new console, way way better for 100 quid more. 299 for a PS4 is a rip off. Don't do it.

Fair point Yoshi re a digital PS5, but the supply of PS5's is still fairly poor as far as I am aware so I jumped at the chance before the lady of the house had a change of heart!

Advertisement