Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking on Courses

Options
  • 22-03-2021 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

I recently gone for a couple of strolls around my local course in the evenings its a very good expensive to play one in

You might be thinking why am I even asking then , the reason I ask is I was going to bring the kids with me in the future for a walk as it lovely and peaceful I don't want them there if we would be confronted or kicked off ,

Just wondering is it ok to walk on courses ?

( during lockdown when there is no golf being played )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Hey guys

I recently gone for a couple of strolls around my local course in the evenings its a very good expensive to play one in

You might be thinking why am I even asking then , the reason I ask is I was going to bring the kids with me in the future for a walk as it lovely and peaceful I don't want them there if we would be confronted or kicked off ,

not a good idea as you or kids are not safe when others are playing golf.
    You might be trespassing if it is private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Hey guys

During lockdown it seems to be acceptable. We allow public walkers on our course as long as they stick to the buggy paths. I would imagine if you stayed off the fairways, tee boxes and greens I don't think anyone would confront you. Unfortunately I witnessed a couple walking our course about two weeks ago and they allowed their Labrador free reign. It wasn't funny to see him taking a dump on the second green 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

golfguy1 wrote: »
    not a good idea as you or kids are not safe when others are playing golf.
    You might be trespassing if it is private property.

Sorry I should have said during lockdown , I wouldn't go when there is actual golf being played

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Carton house and Howth have had loads of damage done due to walkers.

It’s not an issue for us but I’m sure some clubs would rather not and I’m pretty sure it’s trespassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Hey guys

( during lockdown when there is no golf being played )

Depends on the course. My club has more people walking on it each day than would ever be out there playing golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

During lockdown it seems to be acceptable. We allow public walkers on our course as long as they stick to the buggy paths. I would imagine if you stayed off the fairways, tee boxes and greens I don't think anyone would confront you. Unfortunately I witnessed a couple walking our course about two weeks ago and they allowed their Labrador free reign. It wasn't funny to see him taking a dump on the second green 😡

😄 it sounds pretty funny!

I think it's nice to see the walkers out on the course. I believe when they stick to the paths they are actually keeping the weeds down on them. Keeping off the greens would certainly be appreciated by the golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

It's a terrible idea to allow walkers on the course, who is to say they won't think it's ok to continue once golf starts back?
    Putting themselves and others in danger possibly.
    Have also witnessed the lack of respect some have, as they have no idea of the care and maintenance required to keeps the fairways/greens in condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Easiest to just ask the club.

Our own was open to the public but is now restricted to members after advice from the insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Definitely not in our place. Unless your kids are members too they would not be insured for starters. Just because there is no golf being played doesnt mean it's a safe place to walk as usually there is work going on. In fact now that there is no golf the greenkeepers are probably out and about on machinery or using chainsaws etc while it's easier for them.

Advertisement