Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return from Injury

Options
  • 24-03-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭

I have been given clearance to go back running next month. I broke the 2nd metatarsal back in December

Anyone come back from the same injury/similar ?

What was your plan to restart? How long before you upped the mileage? What length of time did it take to get back to pre injury pace ?

I know this is obviously down to individuals, I’m curious to see what others have done in similar situations.

Thanks.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I'm back running a month after 5 months out.

For me it's very like starting from scratch except that progress is quicker.
    I started at 15 miles per week and then add 10% each week along with consolidating after every 3 weeks. The aim for most runs is to keep it in zone 2 so it's all very slow albeit improving. Some runs are at sub threshold pace however when running with company.

I don't expect to be back where I was for at least 3 months if even then. There's no rush however as it doesn't look like events will be back until Autumn at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I'm back running a month after 5 months out.

For me it's very like starting from scratch except that progress is quicker.
    I started at 15 miles per week and then add 10% each week along with consolidating after every 3 weeks. The aim for most runs is to keep it in zone 2 so it's all very slow albeit improving. Some runs are at sub threshold pace however when running with company.

I don't expect to be back where I was for at least 3 months if even then. There's no rush however as it doesn't look like events will be back until Autumn at the earliest.

Great ,I’m thinking the same it’s going to take around 3/4 months to fully up the pace/mileage. 15 miles is a nice number to start out nice and steady with the 10% increase.

I’ve had something like that in my head.

Thanks DB.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement