Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HBO app discussion thread.

Options
  • 25-03-2021 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got this app yet? (I am not based in Ireland)
    I got the app for the Zack Snyder version of Justice League.

I have never seen Vikings before, that seems pretty good.
    I have been dipping in and out of my favourite episodes of game of thrones also.

I don´t know mych about HBO, but any recommendations appreciated.

(at this stage I have Disney+, Netflix, Amazon and HBO, for the family, and all together it is cheaper than a trip to the cinema for all of us, or a lunch).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭baz9375

Has anyone got this app yet? (I am not based in Ireland)
    I got the app for the Zack Snyder version of Justice League.

I have never seen Vikings before, that seems pretty good.
    I have been dipping in and out of my favourite episodes of game of thrones also.

I don´t know mych about HBO, but any recommendations appreciated.

(at this stage I have Disney+, Netflix, Amazon and HBO, for the family, and all together it is cheaper than a trip to the cinema for all of us, or a lunch).

Yeah I've had HBO apps (HBO now and HBO Max) for a number of years, really good selection of films and series. Was great to watch OZ and The Sopranos again through lockdown.

I was using family member's log on until they cancelled. Set up my own account but couldn't use Irish credit card for this so bought HBO now gift card and loaded that on.

I'm paid up for 12 months using that. I dont think they do gift cards any longer so will have to look again at payment method when the gift card period expires

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems as good a place to post this: confirmation (if any was needed) that HBO Max won’t be coming to Sky’s markets (U.K., Germany, and Italy are explicitly mentioned, but the same block would also apply to Ireland and Austria) until after HBO’s current deal with Sky runs out in 2025.

https://www.ft.com/content/753098d2-2b26-425f-92af-6e413800f74e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

baz9375 wrote: »
    Yeah I've had HBO apps (HBO now and HBO Max) for a number of years, really good selection of films and series. Was great to watch OZ and The Sopranos again through lockdown.

I was using family member's log on until they cancelled. Set up my own account but couldn't use Irish credit card for this so bought HBO now gift card and loaded that on.

I'm paid up for 12 months using that. I dont think they do gift cards any longer so will have to look again at payment method when the gift card period expires

I forgot about that show Oz... it's been years.... that was unreal...
    will definitely check that out and the sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭baz9375

"Six feet under" is another one worth a visit again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Curious to see what content gets recommended that isn't on/coming to Sky/Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Dont have the app but HBO series that are worth a watch for me include:

Sharp objects,
    Succession,
    Barry
    True detective (only season 1, the rest are awful)
    In treatment
    Watchmen
    Girls
    The night of
    6 ft under
    Curb your enthusiasm
    and of course The sopranos and The Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I forgot about that show Oz... it's been years.... that was unreal...
    will definitely check that out and the sopranos.

Just had a quick look for it... 6 seasons and the best soundtrack outside of the Sopranos...

Advertisement