Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Guidance

Options
  • 24-03-2021 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I qualified as a pharmacist 15 years ago and went back to do an MBA in 2013 as I felt there was a lack of any real career progression as a pharmacist. I currently work in a management position but new owners have made me question my job security as I know cutbacks are coming.

The thing is I am not sure how to go about changing my career path. I am getting no interest from recruiters on Linkedin. If I made a general enquiry with a large recruitment company like CPL would they point me in the right direction?

Or are career advice consultants of any use?

I'm a bit lost to be honest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,

I qualified as a pharmacist 15 years ago and went back to do an MBA in 2013 as I felt there was a lack of any real career progression as a pharmacist. I currently work in a management position but new owners have made me question my job security as I know cutbacks are coming.

The thing is I am not sure how to go about changing my career path. I am getting no interest from recruiters on Linkedin. If I made a general enquiry with a large recruitment company like CPL would they point me in the right direction?

Or are career advice consultants of any use?

I'm a bit lost to be honest!

Contacting a major recruiter like cpl wouldn't be the worst idea. A career advice consultant is only really useful to direct you on a different career path imo. Do you have any idea what you want to do? You've already done pharmacy and management, what's next do you think?

You also have to consider that whatever you move into, you're likely to be starting on the bottom rung again in terms of salary etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

whampiri wrote: »
    Contacting a major recruiter like cpl wouldn't be the worst idea. A career advice consultant is only really useful to direct you on a different career path imo. Do you have any idea what you want to do? You've already done pharmacy and management, what's next do you think?

You also have to consider that whatever you move into, you're likely to be starting on the bottom rung again in terms of salary etc.

Currently I have a job but I am looking for a career. Somewhere I can continue to learn new skills and climb a ladder if I do well in it.

I would like to stay in mgmt. Just not sure how to get into bigger companies.

I appreciate I would need to take a pay cut but I wouldn't mind if I make it back over time. I don't think I could face starting at the bottom rung though!

Advertisement