Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Riodej1578 wrote: »
    Do you think they will open up much though?

On your final point, I actually felt that would happen after the start of this current phase but bar a few protests did they face much uproar? And will that change after 5th April?

The mood among the public is changing and people are looking for a roadmap out of this and not the waffle, we are not there yet crap coming from government.
    The big problem the only restriction we can break is the 5km one as non essential retail and other businesses are closed.

Hard to predict what will be relaxed on the 5th. Theres been leaks, kite flying about various eased restrictions but I would expect outdoor sports, 5km limit out to 10km, (which is not enough) and a possible phased return to construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,056 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RGS wrote: »
    The mood among the public is changing and people are looking for a roadmap out of this and not the waffle, we are not there yet crap coming from government.
    The big problem the only restriction we can break is the 5km one as non essential retail and other businesses are closed.

Hard to predict what will be relaxed on the 5th. Theres been leaks, kite flying about various eased restrictions but I would expect outdoor sports, 5km limit out to 10km, (which is not enough) and a possible phased return to construction.

i'd love for Intercounty GAA to return, it gave a great lift last autumn/winter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

RGS wrote: »

I read a headline today and forgotten where but it summed it up with “ We were promised a road map and instead we were simply led around the garden path “

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I read a headline today and forgotten where but it summed it up with “ We were promised a road map and instead we were simply led around the garden path “

Indo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just off the phone to a colleague in the US. He booked a covid vaccine yesterday and got it today. No restrictions where he lives, just get the vaccine if you believe you are at risk. Totally different mindset than here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Five pop up walk in centres now ffs

If you have symptoms you’re asked not to go to these centres.

Anyone would think their trying to find more cases. Not long ago in January we couldn’t even test close contacts but that didn’t matter we had enough cases at the time.

Now the numbers are dropping we want to find more. What the hell is gonig on in this country. What’s the big need to hold onto covid cases here ...

The shambles from testing,tracing and vaccination continues unabated.

NPHET really have control of this country - They up the testing , find more cases, keep lockdown level 5 going indefiitly with exagerated Fear , so hopefully the over-fearful and frightened public will agree to longer lockdowns and not question the undynamic slow vaccination program -

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The Germans back track on a lockdown!

This made me smile.

The equivalent in Ireland would be us forcing a U-turn last September before lockdown 2.

Can’t imagine the Germans tolerating NPHET

Make no mistake, we are a quiet bunch.

Sitting quietly while our children’s futures evaporate in front of us from an educational and wellbeing point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Stheno wrote: »

Their prime strategy is kick the can down the road.

I’ll bet that at the end of April it’ll be “just another wee bit to go”
    “The country will be in a far better place come the end of May”
    .......... and on and on it goes.

Ps
    Won’t really care tbh
    Northern Ireland will be opening soon anyways. Up the M1 we will 100% go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

"Ireland will be in a different position"
    "Stick with it for another few weeks"

The spin master Micheál Martin continues to offer the same false hope he has offered multiple times before. Get ready for another goalpost movement within weeks.

We have had 12 months of false promises. People who have common sense will have the ability to see through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

This made me smile.

The equivalent in Ireland would be us forcing a U-turn last September before lockdown 2.

Sitting quietly while our children’s futures evaporate in front of us from an educational and wellbeing point of view

But sure the government were so gracious and understanding by reopening the schools (some not all) back at the start of the month.

That was a real sign of leadership and making hard decisions in our living with covid (haha) strategy

Nothing at all to do with the subject in hand on this link at all
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/unconstitutional-school-closures-violate-children-s-rights-say-campaigners-1.4486959

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭hynesie08

dalyboy wrote: »
    Their prime strategy is kick the can down the road.

I’ll bet that at the end of April it’ll be “just another wee bit to go”
    “The country will be in a far better place come the end of May”
    .......... and on and on it goes.

Ps
    Won’t really care tbh
    Northern Ireland will be opening soon anyways. Up the M1 we will 100% go.

You basing that on anything? Or just hoping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

RobitTV wrote: »

I'll have you know boggles saw a lad walking down the street with a shovel so how can construction be shut? checkmate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Stheno wrote: »

I don't have much issue with that as long as we're still on track for some easing come April 5th tbh. If nothing changes then, "another few weeks" after a few months of another few weeks is going to be a very hard sell.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You basing that on anything? Or just hoping?

Well the uk is tipped for 12th of April
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/14/lockdown-when-will-pubs-and-restaurants-reopen-in-the-uk-14241784/

According to the BBC report 3 days ago

12th of April =
    “All shops allowed to open, along with close-contact services, including hairdressers and beauty salons (including in people's homes)
    Restaurants and pubs allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
    Gyms and spas can reopen, as can zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres”

After that it gets really nasty for the lockdown larrys and nanny state fanatics down here .

17 May =
    People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors
    Six people or two households can meet indoors
    Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can seat customers indoors
    Up to 30 people can attend weddings or other life events, like christenings
    Remaining outdoor entertainment, such as outdoor theatres and cinemas can open
    Indoor entertainment such as museums, theatres, cinemas and children's play areas can open

Performances and large events can restart, but with limits on audience numbers
    Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen
    International leisure travel may resume
    Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can restart

Stage four (no earlier than 21 June):
    All legal limits on social contact will be removed
    No legal limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, funerals and other life events
    Nightclubs will be allowed to reopen

Link

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52530518

I’ll concede that this is for England however what’s the chances of the DUP sitting back and wanting to align themselves to our non existent, meandering , stuttering and goal post moving shambles of a reopening “plan” down here. ?

There’d be pandemonium if their (and it looks VERY likely) numbers of covid infection/hospital/deaths reflect the mainland numbers and were left in anything like our limbo.
    Not a hope in hell that’ll happen

• Registered Users Posts: 39,861 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ypres5 wrote: »
    I'll have you know boggles saw a lady walking down the street with a shovel so how can construction be shut? checkmate

A lady with a shovel? That wasn't me.

According to the graph 48 cases relating to construction this week, more than all cases for December?

How can that be if construction is closed?

King me.

I don't have much issue with that as long as we're still on track for some easing come April 5th tbh. If nothing changes then, "another few weeks" after a few months of another few weeks is going to be a very hard sell.

I can’t see why it couldn’t be announced in the morning that construction is safe to resume.

It’s based upon belief not science now.

Every extra day we insist on unnecessary suppression measures is digging a hole that will take decades to fill

Boggles wrote: »

According to the graph 48 cases relating to construction this week, more than all cases for December?

King me.

They have some serous detectives working on that sort of info

What percentage is that of last weeks cases, 1%?

Data on Hospital acquired infection was a little more hazy for some reason

As was data on nursing home infections

As was data on positive cases in hospitals purely for containment measures

Odd that

This made me smile.

The Germans obey rules. That’s why they revolted. Irish will just ignore some of the rules they don’t want so don’t feel the need to resist

• Advertisement

But sure the government were so gracious and understanding by reopening the schools (some not all) back at the start of the month.

That was a real sign of leadership and making hard decisions in our living with covid (haha) strategy

Nothing at all to do with the subject in hand on this link at all
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/unconstitutional-school-closures-violate-children-s-rights-say-campaigners-1.4486959

Why would they base their decision on an untested opinion?

Kids have been prioritized since the summer and continue to be.

Again pesky facts.

RobitTV wrote: »

Which is essential to short term survival? Hmmm, tricky one

The Germans obey rules. That’s why they revolted. Irish will just ignore some of the rules they don’t want so don’t feel the need to resist

That’s likely one of the more self contradictory posts I’ve seen in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well the uk is tipped for 12th of April
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/14/lockdown-when-will-pubs-and-restaurants-reopen-in-the-uk-14241784/

According to the BBC report 3 days ago

12th of April =
    “All shops allowed to open, along with close-contact services, including hairdressers and beauty salons (including in people's homes)
    Restaurants and pubs allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
    Gyms and spas can reopen, as can zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres”

After that it gets really nasty for the lockdown larrys and nanny state fanatics down here .

17 May =
    People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors
    Six people or two households can meet indoors
    Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can seat customers indoors
    Up to 30 people can attend weddings or other life events, like christenings
    Remaining outdoor entertainment, such as outdoor theatres and cinemas can open
    Indoor entertainment such as museums, theatres, cinemas and children's play areas can open

Performances and large events can restart, but with limits on audience numbers
    Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen
    International leisure travel may resume
    Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can restart

Stage four (no earlier than 21 June):
    All legal limits on social contact will be removed
    No legal limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, funerals and other life events
    Nightclubs will be allowed to reopen

Link

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52530518

I’ll concede that this is for England however what’s the chances of the DUP sitting back and wanting to align themselves to our non existent, meandering , stuttering and goal post moving shambles of a reopening “plan” down here. ?

There’d be pandemonium if their (and it looks VERY likely) numbers of covid infection/hospital/deaths reflect the mainland numbers and were left in anything like our limbo.
    Not a hope in hell that’ll happen

And here's what NI have planned for the 12th.
    .From April 12th up to 10 people from no more than two households can meet outdoors in a private garden. Click and collect will be permitted at all non-essential retail outlets. Outdoor sports training will also resume for clubs affiliated with recognised governing bodies from that date, with no more than 15 participants permitted in one training group. Indoor club facilities, apart from toilets, will remain closed.

I can't see pubs up there opening before May day, and I don't forsee a massive gap between them and us.

They have some serous detectives working on that sort of info

What percentage is that of last weeks cases, 1%?

According to some one this thread construction is closed, so how is there cases at all? :confused:

Actually it's the highest amount of cases for a single week on the graph.

Just doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,056 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the mood changing and people are seeing into things ?

NPHET coming out with there stalling, will the public take that again near the end of April ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Boggles wrote: »

King me.

Loads of private houses still being built around here

Loads of private houses still being built around here

I know that.

But that sort of anecdotal evidence will be met with scorn around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭landofthetree

No end to Level 5 because of the EU vaccine mess.
    TÁNAISTE Leo Varadkar has said some of the public have already moved out of Level 5 - but warned of a “deteriorating” Covid-19 situation that could worsen if restrictions are eased next month.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tanaiste-tells-tds-of-deterioratingcovid-19-situation-and-fears-relaxing-lockdown-could-make-it-worse-40236679.html

• Advertisement

From the article
    Mr Varadkar said the advice from deputy chief medical officer Dr Ronan Glynn was that no county in Ireland could move to looser restriction at this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement