Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage broker recommendation

Options
  • 23-03-2021 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi - any recommendations for a Mortgage/Financial Services Broker either in the City or within a 25mile radius? TIA

Comments

We used a broker from Sherry Fitzgerald back in 2018/2019.
    Her name was Noreen McKenzie (email: firstname . surname @ sherryfitz .ie (without spaces))
    Found her very good, and helpful to deal with

No idea if she still works there or not

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

We used a broker from Sherry Fitzgerald back in 2018/2019.
    Her name was Noreen McKenzie (email: firstname . surname @ sherryfitz .ie (without spaces))
    Found her very good, and helpful to deal with

No idea if she still works there or not

thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

oh hi! we used Noreen too! She was great. We'd a baby coming and she pushed the application through for us in record time. We sorted out insurance last minute with them too as the one I'd arranged didn't come into effect until couple of days after draw-down, and the bank didn't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Personally I'd be inclined to get someone who wasn't working for a estate agent but it's been a long time since I had the need for a broker so I couldn't give any positive or negative opinions on anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Orla Murray I’d highly recommend, based in the docks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

Personally I'd be inclined to get someone who wasn't working for a estate agent but it's been a long time since I had the need for a broker so I couldn't give any positive or negative opinions on anyone

They have to declare any conflict of interest. If you're buying from someone else, then it shouldn't be an issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Gatica wrote: »
    They have to declare any conflict of interest. If you're buying from someone else, then it shouldn't be an issue.

If a house comes up that you're interested in from that estate agent, they already know your circumstances and your budget. Not ideal.

OP we used a guy from Boards - killers1, not sure if he's still posting on Boards but he was excellent. Not based in Galway but you can do most things via email anyway.

Just a note, when I used Noreen from Sherry Fitz, Sherry Fitz had nothing to do with the house we ended up buying.
    We contacted her before we even started viewing houses, so our relationship with her, was not driven by any sellers.
    I *think* she got paid by the bank who we used for our mortgage, and there was no pressure from her to go with one bank over another

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

I used Brian in mortgage options in Athenry.
    Found him excellent.

One thing you need to be aware of with brokers is that some banks refuse to deal with them (or at least they did 3 years ago).
    BOI are one for example
    I have my own account with BOI who wouldn't deal with the broker.

The reason I used the broker was to let them do the all the work of gathering the paperwork and dealing with the banks etc

I have my mortgage with PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Ciaran in Absolute Mortgages was excellent for me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement