Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusheen Woods Walkway

Options
  • 21-03-2021 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

https://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/120357/council-to-construct-new-woodlands-walking-route-in-rusheen

Just caught this article which mentions a new walking route in Rusheen Woods.

Of particular interest was at the end it mentioned the gate which was recently put up. I couldn't find where it was brought up on this forum before but here was the key bit of note:
    "Prior to Christmas, I was made aware that a gate had been erected on the Rusheen lane and advising the public that the lane was a private road," Cllr Lyons adds. "I made representations to Galway City Council and recently received confirmation that the lane is a public right of way. I have been informed that the gate presently in position will be replaced by a smaller gate which will allow pedestrian access to the laneway."

Just wanted to share this in case it wasn't widely known.

Comments

Advertisement