Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autechre - SIGN

• 03-09-2020 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭

This was announced yesterday, new album proper out the 16th of October. Rumours are this is one LP of two currently in production with SIGN being the more ambienty one of the two. Can't wait for this. Still blast Exai and the NTS sessions weekly.

https://bleep.com/release/202853-autechre-sign

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yes looking forward to this - pre ordered on Bleep... hope I don't get stung as I have done before whereby it's actually available in Tower locally before mine has arrived in the post!

Interesting to hear it might be on the more ambient tip, I've been really wondering what direction they might go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

382266276_Autechretotherescue.jpg.87d4139b65800f94c32d218972a9a518.jpg

Pre-orders on Bleep have downloads now enabled. Currently on first listen now. Fantashtick stuff. Proper album. 'th red a' is favourite at the minute for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Listened through it once so far. It's nice I must say. The lack of percussion is so bizarre for an Autechre album. I'll probably have to digest it a bit to get a better feel for it.

Mighty news, Second LP called PLUS is available from the Bleep store right now, including pre-order download. Getting this right now.

https://autechre.warp.net/release/208935-autechre-plus-

• Advertisement

This is really good everybody, some lovely lovely beats up in this. Could a Mod add 'PLUS' to thread title please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Some very interesting stuff as per usual, probably more accessible than usual.

Great to see Autechre being so prolific, I'd love if their productivity could rub off on some other Warp artists...... ahem AFX/BOC.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Loving the accessibility and new direction on this album. Some really gorgeous tracks.

Going to have a listen to PLUS next.

Do we not have a dedicated Autechre thread, or is this it?

SIGN hitting all the spots for me lately. Its just such a fantastic record played really really loud on a good set of speakers. Its totally accessible from the get go but just like all of their stuff if you give the LP repeated listening's there are a whole ocean of new things within each of the tracks to discover and enjoy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

buried wrote: »
    SIGN hitting all the spots for me lately. Its just such a fantastic record played really really loud on a good set of speakers. Its totally accessible from the get go but just like all of their stuff if you give the LP repeated listening's there are a whole ocean of new things within each of the tracks to discover and enjoy.

Did you like PLUS?
    It didn't really do it for me, but maybe I should have another listen.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Did you like PLUS?
    It didn't really do it for me, but maybe I should have another listen.

Yeah, PLUS is at the moment not on the same level as SIGN for me, but I've been really playing SIGN a lot at the moment, and to be honest, when I first listened to SIGN I was in a mindframe of 'this is good but nowhere near the level of Exai or the NTS Sessions', I've had to go back and look at that initial assessment and see I was wrong. SIGN is its own thing just as much as Exai or the NTS Sessions are. PLUS more than almost definitely is too, but just like yourself, I'll have to give it more future listens! That's the ultimate genius of these Autechre lads, give it time and the whole thing plays out so well, where initially on listening, you were in a mindframe to think it wasn't!

Advertisement