Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Solar Installers that will Install a Solar Kit from Solartricity?

Options
  • 22-03-2021 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I have now asked 3 different Solar installers if they would supply and install the following kit from Solartricity and they have all said no they only supply and install their own!:
    https://solartricity.ie/grant-kit-2x7-panel-1/

To me the quotes I am getting back from companies are vastly inflated when the kit is approx €5k and a similar system installed from one of these companies is costing in the region of €9k to €10k!

So does anyone have an installer that you could recommend that will install the kit for a reasonable price and then I can claim the grant back myself and get Solar installed without the massive markups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

reni10 wrote: »
    I have now asked 3 different Solar installers if they would supply and install the following kit from Solartricity and they have all said no they only supply and install their own!:
    https://solartricity.ie/grant-kit-2x7-panel-1/

To me the quotes I am getting back from companies are vastly inflated when the kit is approx €5k and a similar system installed from one of these companies is costing in the region of €9k to €10k!

So does anyone have an installer that you could recommend that will install the kit for a reasonable price and then I can claim the grant back myself and get Solar installed without the massive markups?

Have you an idea of what you feel is reasonable? It is unlikely that any of the established companies are going to undermine their own business model and pricing structure for one installation.

Have you asked Solartricity for suppliers and check with them re pricing? I tried that and the supplier came out and had a look, promised me a price back and then never got back to me.

I subsequently went with a supplier a number of posters on here have used and recommended.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Why are you fixed on the Solartricity kit, you will see posts from other users like DrPhil and myself for a much better system in the region of €5.5k supplied and fitted and after the Grant.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

slave1 wrote: »
    Why are you fixed on the Solartricity kit, you will see posts from other users like DrPhil and myself for a much better system in the region of €5.5k supplied and fitted and after the Grant.

I don't really care where the kit comes from.or who does the install but the 3 prices I have had for a system around the same as the kit spec have been between 9 and 10k so I am looking for more reasonable prices.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

reni10 wrote: »

I think you are missing a piece here, the kit with standard rate VAT comes to €5.5k. You may be thinking of just the labour element of the installer, they also need to make a profit. There will be travel to and from your location and what a lot of folk forget about is the massive costs associated with getting panels onto a roof, this is a professional job with high insurance costs.
    The €9k quote you got before grant is not that bad at all, certainly not vastly inflated.
    If you think that €9k quote is too high have a look around for professional roofers to install the panels and then an electrician to connect everything up, I think you will see €6k net of grant is not too bad at all.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcmjmurphy

slave1 wrote: »

Any chance I could get a contact for this installer via PM?

• Advertisement
Advertisement