Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posh areas of Waterford?

Options
  • 20-03-2021 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭

What parts of the city do you think are posh? There is a general consensus that the Dunmore Road and Kings Channel are the posh areas, owing to the house prices. But there are other areas where people as a collective get notions and consider their area more high brow than others, for example roanmore, belvedere and comeragh green, none of which are anywhere close to posh!

What areas in your view are posh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What parts of the city do you think are posh? There is a general consensus that the Dunmore Road and Kings Channel are the posh areas, owing to the house prices. But there are other areas where people as a collective get notions and consider their area more high brow than others, for example roanmore, belvedere and comeragh green, none of which are anywhere close to posh!

What areas in your view are posh?

Lol you think the people in those areas are snobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Roanmore ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think we agreed it was where Gardner lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

Didn't we agree in the thread a few months ago it was definitely Ballybeg. Probably a little less though since me poor mother popped her clogs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I'd definitely see Newtown as posh, the ones by Josephs and St Benildus. Donkey's years ago (before independence) the people there would usually vote conservative. You have the Quaker schools and meeting house.Some beautiful houses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Gardner

I think we agreed it was where Gardner lives.

Under the bridge at Jack Meade's isn't as posh as you think :rolleyes:

Our resident landscaper could tell us where he has visited and educate us all

Advertisement