Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV Personal Profile examples

Options
  • 18-03-2021 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Currently revamping my C.V at present.
    I wish to write a personal profile.
    Anyone know what should usually be included in a personal profile for a C.V. ?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Your CV should not have a personal profile.

However your cover letter can summarise who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Some suggestions here:
    https://www.irishjobs.ie/careeradvice/how-to-write-a-great-personal-profile-on-your-cv/

More here:
    https://www.jobs.ie/job-talk/how-to-write-a-cv/

Personally I don't usually have one - or if I do, I focus on what I want to achieve, that's relevant to this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Would this suffice for a personal profile:

"I am a recent graduate of ( Example university) with a ( sample degree) and a primarily working background in xxxxx. However in (sample year) I embarked in a career change with a vision of fully utilising the skills I attained during my third level studies. "

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mouton

I am me123 wrote: »
    Would this suffice for a personal profile:

"I am a recent graduate of ( Example university) with a ( sample degree) and a primarily working background in xxxxx. However in (sample year) I embarked in a career change with a vision of fully utilising the skills I attained during my third level studies. "

I'm not an expert, but mine is essentially that. I've seen examples that are much longer but I think the above summarises all that's relevant as an introduction and the cover letter / application form and the rest of the CV build on that.

Thank.you

• Advertisement

One more question,

Say if you completed a training course, but are yet to recieve assessment results, should you simply include the course name and say something like 'Result pending' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mouton

I am me123 wrote: »
    One more question,

Say if you completed a training course, but are yet to recieve assessment results, should you simply include the course name and say something like 'Result pending' ?

Yes, I definitely would. I'd have it on my CV as something like "training course name and provider (assessments completed January 2021, results expected April 2021)"

If it was a course where you were on track for a certain grade you could also mention that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I have got mine done professionally by 2 career coaches (Dont ask how 2) and both came back with format of

profile/Key skills
    Experience
    Education
    Additional Skills
    References- On Request

Have a base CV and modify it according to the job profile.

Recruiters read CV's fast so its critical that you have the core points you want to get across early on in Your CV. Avoid waffle. I would also put key words from Job spec into Experience

With the cover letter make sure you list off why you should be considered. Again take words and key points out of the job

CV formats can vary from who you speak to. My advice is put the effort into it as it's your brochure on why you

Advertisement