Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...... New TV series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Could somebody watch it if they've never seen and know absolutely nothing about the Karate Kid?

Asking for a friend. >_>

Yep. My Mrs hadn't seen the film but is well into this now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Gogglebox festive special on channel 4 now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Watching. :)

Watching. :)

Us too. Love Giles snd Mary. And remind me never to eat in KFC.

That section with Fanny Craddock has had us in stitches... brilliant.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Us too. Love Giles snd Mary. And remind me never to eat in KFC.
    Uuuuugh the gravy.

Lol at Mary crying at the children in the Sound of Music because their lives are so innocent and carefree, not like children today.
    Didn't the children in the Sound of Music have to flee in the night during World War II from Nazi occupied Austria? :pac:

Uuuuugh the gravy.

Lol at Mary crying at the children in the Sound of Music because their lives are so innocent and carefree, not like children today.
    Didn't the children in the Sound of Music have to flee in the night during World War II from Nazi occupied Austria? :pac:

Thats the one. Marys off her chunk!

Have to say really enjoying this tonight, getting a right laugh out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

So binge watched all of Jack Ryan series one over the last few days. Loving it so far and can't wait to start season 2 hopefully tonight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For any marvel fans the first 2 episodes of wandavision are now up on Disney plus.

We're flying through cobra kai on netflix, if anyone liked the karate kid films this is a superb follow on and nostalgia mash up, they've really gotten the style just right with so many nods to the films with the use of locations and music etc. Using so many of the original cast is a real bonus too.

• Advertisement

Just finished watching 'its a sin' a complete emotional roller coaster of a mini series, would highly recommend.
    All 5 episodes available on All4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For elves of a certain vintage. A mighty ducks tv series is coming to Disney plus.

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers is scheduled to be released on Disney+ on March 26, 2021

Just finished watching 'its a sin' a complete emotional roller coaster of a mini series, would highly recommend.
    All 5 episodes available on All4

OH MY GOD DvB.

I watched the 5 episodes of 'It's a Sin' on All 4 over 2 days and it is a series that will live with me for a long time. Beautiful, but my heart broke half way through and won't recover. :(

OH MY GOD DvB.

I watched the 5 episodes of 'It's a Sin' on All 4 over 2 days and it is a series that will live with me for a long time. Beautiful, but my heart broke half way through and won't recover. :(

We were the same... haven't seen my wife cry so much at a TV show in a long long time.
    Its brilliant though, uplifting and devastating in equal measure. Its beautifully put together but so so sad. The injustice is so hard to get your head around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭pigtail33

We were the same... haven't seen my wife cry so much at a TV show in a long long time.
    Its brilliant though, uplifting and devastating in equal measure. Its beautifully put together but so so sad. The injustice is so hard to get your head around.

I'm watching it old school, recording it from the TV every Friday. I'm not sure if I could handle more than one episode at a time. It's just so real. I've only seen two episodes so far and I'm almost not looking forward to the next three. Better have the Kleenex ready...

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I'm watching it old school, recording it from the TV every Friday. I'm not sure if I could handle more than one episode at a time. It's just so real. I've only seen two episodes so far and I'm almost not looking forward to the next three. Better have the Kleenex ready...

Its definitely one of those shows that stokes the fire of emotion. There's so few of those that provoke that kind of emotional reaction (in me anyway) so despite the heavy content its a rewarding experience IMO. We just had to binge watch it over 2 nights as we were totally engrossed from the start.

Loughc wrote: »
    For elves of a certain vintage.....

We're like a fine wine :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    We're like a fine wine :D

I was already too old when the first film came around. Watched it but considered it for kids & moved on. Didn't they make a at least two sequels?

I was already too old when the first film came around. Watched it but considered it for kids & moved on. Didn't they make a at least two sequels?

Only the best trilogy known to man DvB! :P

That genuinely gave me a giggle :D

• Advertisement

That Emilio didn't get an Oscar is still one of the greatest movies tragedies of all time!

Anyone watched Threadstone on Prime?

Looking for something new now I've finished Jack Ryan. Going to check out Condor as well.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Anyone watched Threadstone on Prime?

Looking for something new now I've finished Jack Ryan. Going to check out Condor as well.

Threadstone is an easy watch but I gave up mid-season as it was cancelled after 1 season with no pay off so I felt it was a waste of time.

Anyone watching the new series of The Circle?

Is it the celebrity one? I'm not, even though I have watched the previous series, and enjoyed them.

I am watching the new series of Masterchef, plus GBBO on Tuesdays, and just couldn't commit to anything else! :pac:

Is it the celebrity one? I'm not, even though I have watched the previous series, and enjoyed them.

I am watching the new series of Masterchef, plus GBBO on Tuesdays, and just couldn't commit to anything else! :pac:

Celebrity one is done and dusted, was only 6 days long for stand up to cancer, the civilian one started Tuesday night and it's well worth a watch.

Catch up on all4. There's some good twists this year :)

Only regular TV we're watching atm are the SU2C bake offs, irish first dates and Your Honour on Sky Atlantic.

Line of Duty back on Sunday night at 9pm so will be having that too.

Can't wait for Line of Duty!

Can't wait for Line of Duty!

It's great isn't it.

• Advertisement

It's great isn't it.

I only got into just before season 5 was going to air, I got to binge seasons 1-4 on Netflix then went straight into Season 5 on BBC and by that stage I had a few episodes built up. It was a glorious time.

Advertisement