Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Jacobs Jaffa Cakes being discontinued?

• 16-03-2021 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Jacob's Jaffa Cakes are disappearing off the shelves of my local shops and Tesco had them as a clearance item at 66c per pack. Has anyone else seen this locally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Baseball72

Hadn't noticed - I buy them occasionally. Think they are now manufactured in Poland so not affected by Brexit...maybe our taste buds are changing......

Stale bollocks is what they are.

There, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

I remember them tasting a lot nicer 10 years ago or so

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

There, I said it.

Of all brands out there Jacobs are always the least stale Jaffa I have to say. I check in with McV and the other ones occasionally, they're always too crusty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

The Aldi version are far superior if anyone is looking for a replacement option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Supervalu ones are decent. Tesco, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I doubt it, I even saw quite a few new flavours recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭jackboy

Jaffa cakes are a disaster. Once the pack is opened and one is consumed it is impossible not to demolish the rest of the pack. They would be no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

gmisk wrote: »
    I doubt it, I even saw quite a few new flavours recently

Polish shops do lovely blackcurrant ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There, I said it.
    which brand do you like then. Or do you consider all jaffa cakes bad? they are supposed to be soft, they are cakes not biscuits.
    Polish shops do lovely blackcurrant ones.
    McVities have loads of flavours now. Pineapple, strawberry, cherry, passion fruit, pineapple

• Advertisement
Advertisement