Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siopa Ris near Rice Park

Options
  • 12-03-2021 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know much about this shop? Drove past today and its the first time I have ever actually seen someone walk out of it! Thought the place was closed down years. It looks like a relic of the type of general store that was quite popular back in the 50s or 60s. Then again with the school so close, maybe the owners do well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does anyone know much about this shop? Drove past today and its the first time I have ever actually seen someone walk out of it! Thought the place was closed down years. It looks like a relic of the type of general store that was quite popular back in the 50s or 60s. Then again with the school so close, maybe the owners do well.

Heard the owner is a bit of a header

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Seanies is what we used to call it when I was Mount Sion. Fugitives who were missing from class would often just hang out down with seanie for a chat. He's quite the character but a lovely chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 greysgut

Is Seanie still working in the shop?
    He was gas craic when I was younger.
    I remember he walked out one day leaving a girl running the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

greysgut wrote: »
    Is Seanie still working in the shop?
    He was gas craic when I was younger.
    I remember he walked out one day leaving a girl running the place.

I think so! He apparently broke into the Dáil one time protesting something, was over the paper and everything. Good craic he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

He made local news a few years ago when he challenged a burglar in the shop if I remember rightly, his wife died a few months ago, so it may explain why he hasn’t been around much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 greysgut

jimbojazz wrote: »
    He made local news a few years ago when he challenged a burglar in the shop if I remember rightly, his wife died a few months ago, so it may get explain why he hasn’t been around much

Aw god I didn’t know that,
    Hope he’s doing ok.

Now that you mention it I remember the burglar in the shop.

Advertisement