Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cody's pond a protected area?

Options
  • 16-03-2021 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I'm curious about this, seems the place has always been filled with frogs and newts etc. Coady's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Looks like they did all of the roadworks there and didn't disturb it anyway. I assume that must have been a stipulation or they would not have been so careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I was up there today and they seem to have large green fencing around it. The pond itself was a bit in need of tidying (a traffic cone was chucked in it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

I remember catching newts in it years ago and as far as I know newts and where they live are protected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

gw80 wrote: »
    I remember catching newts in it years ago and as far as I know newts and where they live are protected

Same with frogs I believe too. An interesting spot nonetheless, I'd say so many Waterford people particularly from "the top of the town" have fond memories of going there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement