Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What category for the COVID vaccine are Civil Servants on

• 15-03-2021 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows what category Civil Servants are for getting the vaccine?

Does it depend on if you directly deal with the public or not. I'm thinking levels 9, 10 or 13.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

gazzer wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody knows what category Civil Servants are for getting the vaccine?

Does it depend on if you directly deal with the public or not. I'm thinking levels 9, 10 or 13.

This will depend on the work being carried out by them, the level of risk involved etc. I would assume that those inspectors doing house calls would get it before those working in secluded offices, or that revenue inspectors would get it before those in the passport office.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It’s not necessarily based on whether you are a civil servant or not.

For example, I know of Civil Servants with offices based in hospitals that have gotten it.

If you are aged 55-65, or 65-70, you’ll most likely get it quicker.

If you can’t social distance you will be done in category 10, but the number of civil servants in this position will be quite low (probably small numbers of staff in IPS, Dept of Health, inspectors in SP etc)

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/39038-provisional-vaccine-allocation-groups/#people-in-occupations-important-to-the-functioning-of-society

In general, I suspect most civil servants to get it under category 13 (People in occupations important to the functioning of society). Particular ones working onsite, if working remotely you probably will be delayed.

Of course this could all change tomorrow!

Advertisement