Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th March '21 Champion Hurdle day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Am I mad taking on Druids Alter in the Boodles at 22s? Have looked at the race 100 times and keep coming back to him.

I Like him but he has to give Jeff Kidder 10lbs:rolleyes: for 1/2 a length and that one is 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Did galvin loose a leg?
    Next destination into fav on the machine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Did galvin loose a leg?

People just copping on, Next Destination a Top class horse, and should be fav. I guess me holding out till tomorrow for 5-6/1 on Next Destination wont happen now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Yeah Next destination was a top class hurdler and will make an even better chaser over further

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I know I haven't been paying too much attention to the racing since this covid shít started, no pub, no bookies so my interest kind of dwindled this year but what's the story with tomorrow?

Where's all the horses? Most of the races have half or even less than the previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

aidankkk wrote: »
    People just copping on, Next Destination a Top class horse, and should be fav. I guess me holding out till tomorrow for 5-6/1 on Next Destination wont happen now

I thought the galvin price was nuts. Just surprised by the quick change around.
    Either way I thought remastered might be the ew play but at double figure prices. Hoping he drifts in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Next Destination's return has been impressive, but I'm going to err on the side that Willie wouldn't let a good one go. However if my yoke in the Ultima wins it'll frank the ND form nicely which would be a concern as an early Galvin backer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Did galvin loose a leg?

It's down to the 10mm of rain that fell overnight which wasn't expected. Official going now soft gd/sft in places.
    The same has happened in the CH. Honeysuckle now into 7/4 from 5/2 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

Just watched a replay of last years C Hurdle and it has to be said Sharjah came through the field very easily only to find Epetante too good , can we expect a similar run this year and maybe even go one better ??

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    Just watched a replay of last years C Hurdle and it has to be said Sharjah came through the field very easily only to find Epetante too good , can we expect a similar run this year and maybe even go one better ??

Was a great e/w bet @ 14/1 last week but value gone now i think. Tough ask to beat the mares with that crazy allowance they get. GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I like Rachel Blackmore as a jockey. I've taken a chance on irascible EW. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

cruais wrote: »
    I like Rachel Blackmore as a jockey. I've taken a chance on irascible EW. Thoughts?

Pity they don't run him in the County.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Pity they don't run him in the County.
    I thought that too. I got him at 20, but pp pushed out to 25 now. Thought its worth an ew punt

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Youmdour backers - any reason he makes up 51 lengths on saint sam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I know I haven't been paying too much attention to the racing since this covid shít started, no pub, no bookies so my interest kind of dwindled this year but what's the story with tomorrow?

Where's all the horses? Most of the races have half or even less than the previous years.
    Wondering the same thing, 8 declared for the supreme?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

carq wrote: »
    Youmdour backers - any reason he makes up 51 lengths on saint sam?

His prior race where he fell Vs teahupoo, he would've won and finished 20 ahead of Druids Altar. Pretty sure his leopardstown run was an anomaly so happy to take a chance by putting a line through that. Willie said after he shouldn't have run him that day and the market showed it on the day.

As for lack of horses, pretty clear to see that just the occasion of Cheltenham is a driving factor for entries. With owners who can't experience the event in the same way, not as many will bother entering horses with a fringe chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Meades horse in the Boodles a stone better off with Saint Sam for a 3 length beating LTO, Saint Sam is fav and Meades horse is 50/1??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Meades festival winners are as rare as hens teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

What's the story with changing around race order, grand annual on tomorrow etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Only as a jockey!?
    I have Irascible backed too.

• Advertisement

munster87 wrote: »
    Only as a jockey!?
    I have Irascible backed too.
    I'm surprised hes not more heavily backed. Soft ground should suit aswell.

Only as a jockey....yes. ðŸ˜

Have finally had time to do my bets for day 1. All EW as I really think the favourites will be favourites for a reason during this festival

1.20 irascible
    1.55 captain guinness
    2.30 Milan native
    3.05 sharjah / James du berlais
    3.40 minella melody
    4.15 druids alter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I thought that too. I got him at 20, but pp pushed out to 25 now. Thought its worth an ew punt

28 now

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

Goshen. Concertista. Doubles and singles. Really sweet on Goshen. I'll be rolling in dough tomorrow evening. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

Saldier at 80/1 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

My bets for tomorrow
    1.20 Metier EW
    155 No Bet (shirkin)too short
    2.30 Alnadam EW
    3.05 Epatante Win
    3.40 Concertista Win
    4.15 Jeff Kidder EW
    4.50 Nestor Park EW

Also did a small ew lucky 31 in case of a miracle so best of luck to all of ye tomorrow..

I have a free €250 bet for Wednesday and Thursday with bet 888 so need to get a winner for both those days ..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Ah jaysus, If I back anymore I will every feckin horse covered !! Total novice but enjoy the crack. Fingers crossed for a few surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

dave81 wrote:
    Goshen. Concertista. Doubles and singles. Really sweet on Goshen. I'll be rolling in dough tomorrow evening. Good luck.

Backed Goshen at 16s pre wincanton run, I'm more worried about the jockey than the horse tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

costacorta wrote: »
    My bets for tomorrow
    1.20 Metier EW
    155 No Bet (shirkin)too short
    2.30 Alnadam EW
    3.05 Epatante Win
    3.40 Concertista Win
    4.15 Jeff Kidder EW
    4.50 Nestor Park EW

Also did a small ew lucky 31 in case of a miracle so best of luck to all of ye tomorrow..

I have a free €250 bet for Wednesday and Thursday with bet 888 so need to get a winner for both those days ..

How did you get a free €250 bet?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Haven’t got to do a huge amount of studying for Cheltenham this year and haven’t done many ante post bets so missed out on a lot of the bigger prices for the likes of Appreciate It et al. My selections below for what their worth. Hard to get past a lot of the favs tomorrow, as boring as that may be. Would love to see Rachael and Honeysuckle do it in the CH. Can’t wait to watch/follow it all again like every year. Let’s hope it’s a good (and profitable) one!

1:20: Appreciate It
    1:55: Shishkin (multiples)
    2:30: Happygolucky
    3:05: Honeysuckle
    3:40: Concertista
    4:15: Saint Sam
    4:50: Galvin

Advertisement