Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clothing Oranmore Tesco

• 15-03-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi, I need a new pair of black trousers for work as my current pair are looking very threadbare. Just wondering if the clothing section in Tesco oranmore is open at the minute? Don't want to waste a trip if not!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I've not had cause to phone a supermarket, but their store locator site gives a contact number: 1890 928 518

https://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/?bID=6268

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's only half open for the likes of underwear/shoes and kids clothes. You won;t be able to get trousers. I went to buy a pair of jeans and couldn't get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

Cheers, any suggestions for am online store to get them? Don't fancy spending 50-60 euro on a fancy pair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Dunnes seems to be selling most clothing items.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dealz in GSC have basic clothes
    Dunnes are also doing them https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/men/clothing/trousers
    M&S have a click&collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

M&S are using racks of clothing to block off some areas of the shop. From what I can see, if you can reach something without going into the blocked off area, they will sell it to you.

Remember that the 5km limit applies to exercise only. If you are going to purchase safety clothing for work, a trip into the city would be justified.

Dunnes Eyre Street have pointed out the madless of the current arrangements particularly well. On one side, they have cushions and other household things, all able to be sold without restriction). On the other they have basic clothing, officially all off limits. But some common sense is being applied to the barriers around basic items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I recommend you call to Tesco in Oranmore or any Dunnes Stores and ask to speak to the Manager and tell them your circumstances, There was a similar case recently with someone going for an Interview and needed appropriate clothes. You are not window shopping. No decent person will deny your request.
    Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

Order from Dunnes Website and use Click and Collect. Show the staff the confirmation they will get your order there and then. I've done that a few times no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Dunnes are selling Pants anyway.

Advertisement