Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th March '21 Champion Hurdle day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

4:50 pm Sam Vestey National Hunt Challenge Cup Novices' Chase (Class 1)(Grade 2) 3m 5f 201y

Eden du Houx
    Escaria Ten
    Galvin
    Lithic
    Lord Royal
    Machiloney
    Nestor Park
    Next Destination
    Ofalltheginjoints
    Remastered
    Soldier of Love
    The Mighty Don
    Snow Leopardess

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Only positive is that we wont see a five day festival any time soon, Tuesdays card is the worst in living memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

lemush wrote: »
    Only positive is that we wont see a five day festival any time soon, Tuesdays card is the worst in living memory.

Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Back to 3 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shanboghted

Think Kevin blake's view of 5 races per day over 4 days is worth considering with 40mins between each race. Low fields are very present over the last few seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

Think Kevin blake's view of 5 races per day over 4 days is worth considering with 40mins between each race. Low fields are very present over the last few seasons

That’s a terrible idea I think. We need more races and shorter gaps between them, not the opposite way around. It’s boring during at meetings when between races. Look the Festivals are a bit different and there’s more going on but 5 races per day would be an awful spectacle.

They should drop the festival back to 3 days with 8 races per day and drop 4 of the poorer races. What you take out is another argument.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Back to 3 please.

Will never happen. The festival is so diluted now that we will end up with the Dublin Racing Festival very quickly overtaking Cheltenham in terms of quality. Nobody to blame but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Will never happen. The festival is so diluted now that we will end up with the Dublin Racing Festival very quickly overtaking Cheltenham in terms of quality. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Brits won't travel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Tuesdays card look really good to me. All it's missing to make it great would be another decent horse in the Supreme and Energumene in the Arkle. Can't Wait!!!!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Brits won't travel though.

With good reason, because they can't compete. For top horses facing off against each other Cheltenham is no longer the place its gonna happen. Replacing the novice handicap with a bloody mares novice sums up what they have done in terms of dilution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Motivator wrote: »
    That’s a terrible idea I think. We need more races and shorter gaps between them, not the opposite way around. It’s boring during at meetings when between races. Look the Festivals are a bit different and there’s more going on but 5 races per day would be an awful spectacle.

They should drop the festival back to 3 days with 8 races per day and drop 4 of the poorer races. What you take out is another argument.

If you're watching on tele yeah but at the track you want more space between the races to move around the course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Youmdor's run against Teahupoo is good enough to win the boodles. Not sure what happened him at the DRF but even off top weight, the quality he is capable of is worth better than 20/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Coral cup lads talk to me. In a word...who wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Whiplash85 wrote:

Blue Sari (ew)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Think the Morans horse is rightful favourite, looks very useful and the weight wound bother me. The price is gone on the ones at the very top of the market. If I was to have my first bet on it this week I'd side for Monte Cristo who is still a nice price and could have a tonne of untapped potential under him. Very young and inexperienced horse but I like him.

• Whiplash85 wrote: »

Craigneiche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

So far i've got on:

Appreciate It, Shiskin, Honeysuckle - Treble @ 11.0.

Shiskin & Envoi Allen Double PP Special @ 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

1:20 Appreciate It to place
    1.55 Shiskin to win
    2.30 Happy go lucky to place
    3.05 Hobeysuckle to place
    3:40 Concertosta to place
    4.15 Saint Sam to place
    4:50 Galvin to place

Around 40/1 acca.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Ground now soft after unexpected 10mm of rain last night. Great news for Honeysuckle backers.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Blud

Any of the main papers doing a Cheltenham special tomorrow lads? Irish Times or Independent?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Blud wrote: »
    Any of the main papers doing a Cheltenham special tomorrow lads? Irish Times or Independent?

Irish Daily Star has one today Blud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Daily mirror has one today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Treble at about 12/1

Appriciate it
    Honeysuckle
    Chuchan

Milan Native and Honeysuckle double done too.

Put the 5er free paddy power bet on Ballyandy to match an AP bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Put the fiver free PP bet on Ballyadam

Three e/w punts thereafter:

14.30: Alnadam- decent form, although up in trip.
    15.05: Sharjah. I know there are stronger claims in the field, but never discount Mullins.
    16.15: Youmdor. Saw him name-checked here, and no real stand-outs in the race anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Blud

I thanked both posts, but lads, the Mirror and the Star, you're talking to a man of class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I thanked both posts, but lads, the Mirror and the Star, you're talking to a man of class

Well I wouldn't be looking in the Irish Times for information on horse racing! The Sun's your man plus a bit of gossip on megan and ginger.

Class and you mention the Indo haha.

Brian Flanagan has done the Stars pullout. Enjoy reading his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Am I mad taking on Druids Alter in the Boodles at 22s? Have looked at the race 100 times and keep coming back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Am I mad taking on Druids Alter in the Boodles at 22s? Have looked at the race 100 times and keep coming back to him.

Not at all. Certainly looks good value..

• Advertisement

33s with 365 5 places

Advertisement