Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go question.....

Options
  • 14-03-2021 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭

I have downloaded Sky Go to my laptop, and it works perfectly when I am within range of the Sky Q box. Have access to the recordings and all directly off the box.

I assume by logging into the account that is connected to the box at home, I can access sky from anywhere? I should have moved into a new place in the next week, and hope to be able to stream sky via my laptop to the telly via a HDMI cable. If so, do I have to select No on Connect to Sky Q Box in Settings?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You shouldn’t need to change any settings to use Sky Go out of home.

Be aware that the range of channels available out of home is much smaller than when on the same LAN as the box - basically the channels that have “Sky” in their name and some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

icdg wrote: »
    You shouldn’t need to change any settings to use Sky Go out of home.

Be aware that the range of channels available out of home is much smaller than when on the same LAN as the box - basically the channels that have “Sky” in their name and some others.

Thanks.

I assumed it was the same package as the account?

I already have NowTv for the additional sports channels not on the account.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No.

When you are on the same LAN as the box, you are streaming from your Sky Q box, and the source is your satellite signal, so you have access to everything you would on your box (provided you have multiscreen entitlement, and not including Manual Tuning channels).

When you are out of home, you are streaming over the internet, and the range of channels available isn’t as wide, and is essentially similar to what is on Now TV. The Sky branded channels and certain others effectively.

Advertisement