Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When/How Did You Discover Forum Games?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

67% of my posts here between the main and subforums. It used to be a lot higher till recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    67% of my posts here between the main and subforums. It used to be a lot higher till recently!
    I can't believe you're cheating on us :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I can't believe you're cheating on us :(

:D:D I'm not really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I'm not 100% sure - it's like Stockholm Syndrome in here :D

I was reading through one of the first Paint Reveal threads, I can't remember was it live or afterwards, or how I even found it in the first place

But I do remember bursting out laughing several times while reading it, and I either made a made a mental note to keep an eye out for the next one, or maybe sign-ups were already open for it? Not sure, but it was Paint that brought me here :)

Game of Thrones Werewolf in 2019 was my first memory but upon investigation it appears I had been hanging around the SHEEP scene in the summer of 2019, so sometime around then.

Assuming I've done my sums correctly (which is unlikely) 30% of my posts on here have been in Forum Games and its various offshoots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I had a look at my oldest posts in Forum Games

Didn't even know you could do this :o

Just checked mine and turns out it was Omackerals All Ireland Landmark Tournament that reeled me in! :pac: how could I have forgotten.

I wasn't part of it, but I read it afterwards & commented that I thought it was great. So it's his fault I'm sniffing around these parts now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Didn't even know you could do this :o

Just checked mine and turns out it was Omackerals All Ireland Landmark Tournament that reeled me in! :pac: how could I have forgotten.

I wasn't part of it, but I read it afterwards & commented that I thought it was great. So it's his fault I'm sniffing around these parts now :D

Not only can you look up your posts, but you can look up other users' posts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I'm not nosey so I never went looking for an option like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's great for making the debate really petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

osh wrote: »
    Game 1
    Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

I discovered this place about a year and a half ago (under a different username). Played a few werewolves, a few paints and a few sheeps. Great bunch of lads, I must get back into posting here again:)

I think it was seeing the Simpson's Werewolf game on the 'Latest Posts' page that first made me aware that Werewolf was a thing. It seemed really intriguing so I decided to sign up for the next game, and from there I found out that Werewolf was a Forum Games subforum. I then visited the main forum and found myself a new regular haunt. :)

I've barely played Werewolf since because I quickly learned that I am absolutely terrible at it; thankfully I've fared somewhat better in SHEEP (though not so much in HEEPS) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Ficheall wrote: »
    Really?

Well I saw a codenames game thread in recent posts or something. I owned the game so was intrigued and watched a game or two before joining in.

Game 1 is just my codenames clue ;)

Speaking of which, there must be loads of people on here who never played codenames before. Its a fun game, we should get more on the go. I remember the good old days when there'd be games every day :)

Just found this actually. An official site for playing the game is now live.

https://codenames.game/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm down for some codenames

I shall post in the thread sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

osh wrote: »
    Well I saw a codenames game thread in recent posts or something. I owned the game so was intrigued and watched a game or two before joining in.

Game 1 is just my codenames clue ;)
    Ah, gotcha. I was thinking I didn't remember you from jayop's first Werewolf ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I found it on Feb 2018 when Loughc promoted the Back To The Future werewolf in the Christmas forum. I don’t get to play games as often now but still like to pop in.

I’ve met some great people from here and can’t wait for the next meetup when we can!

Any chance that a Sticky could be placed on this thread, as there is a constantly evolving membership in Forum Games, and this could act like a record of who has come and gone and of newer members over time? Just a thought! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If we get to 100 posts, no probs :D

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    If we get to 100 posts, no probs :D

Just 48 more posts so! :D

Dont go spamming the thread now Dec :)

Now its 47

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I found FG a few years ago , actually I think Kolido was talking about an upcoming Werewolf game over in the Reality Forum tbh , so I signed up to play .
    Never again is all I'll say :pac:

(46 posts now ;) )

Was is the Im a celeb one?

I think it was Baggly.
    Both yourself and Kolido were my mentors .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think it was Baggly.
    Both yourself and Kolido were my mentors .

And Baggly has you to thank for his name :D

Kolido wrote: »
    And Baggly has you to thank for his name :D

A permanent reminder of how badly I mix up words/names :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I played in Jayop's first werewolf game and everyone suspected I was a wolf because of my user name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

An odd thing happened to me in 2018. I won't go into it in depth. 

But I suffered a breakdown in motivation. I couldn't find anything to occupy my mind. Nothing made me feel anything. I would spend days literally walking back and forth, totally aimless, just so that I was doing something. I couldn't concentrate on anything. I had no interest in life. There is/was little reward system in my brain. I was thinking how am I going to get through the rest of my life when there's nothing to do? I thought about suicide, not 100% seriously, but more seriously than ever before. I even wrote out a suicide note. It seems silly thinking of it now.

One day I came online and found forum games somehow and I took an interest. I think it was the Catchphrase thread. Gradually other interests started to come back too, like music and films and books and such. Forum games were what sparked my recovery. I don't post as much now and don't need to as I have more going on in my life and I'm sort of half-quitting boards.ie 

Thanks to everyone who runs the games and everyone who makes this a fun corner of the internet.

• Advertisement

xxxxxxx

Advertisement